After Action Review (Anything That Happened In-Game)

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: After Action Review (Anything That Happened In-Game)

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Wed May 07, 2014 12:11 am

We all make bone-head mistakes and more often than not we regret them while on the way back to the garage. Sometimes you get caught and sometimes you don't. I think we all commit 'the patience mistake' at least once per session. :Tout:

I just logged out after 3 half decent wins in a row. You would think I would still be there exploiting my luck but the lag was so horrendous that I had to log out after the last match. I tried both East and West servers with the west coast being a little better than the east but not enough to do any more than fly by the seat of my pants. I'm lucky that the 3 teams I played against were basically brain dead for not capitalizing on my long aim time while I was fumbling with lag, instead they decided to give me the time I needed to get aimed properly. If this continues I'm going to have no choice but to play War Thunder, simply because of the reliable graphics.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu May 08, 2014 5:30 pm

Is lag intermittent or depending on map? I assume you have all graphics and effects turned down to minimum. I thought you were getting better performance as of late but it sounds up and down. It has to be an optimization issue that WG will fix because War Thunder has better graphics with less performance issues from what I have read. Game engine for WoT also a problem.

Played a fair bit of Comet games last night, did well. Played with hp conservation as my priority. I still went to forward locations but usually waited to shoot at tanks busy firing at teammates. Love the accuracy, often will make the low pen unnoticeable. Also paid more attention to escape routes and using them before it became too late. Sometimes that required leaving a teammate behind but losing two guns is worse than losing one gun and the Comet can't brawl it out.

Was surprised how easily some tanks could hit the frontal turret weak spots when I was barely peeking over a hill. I am not talking powerful tanks or gold rounds either. An A-43 nailed me a number of times at 75m from a spot I was only showing enough turret as to fire at him. A-43s top gun isn't powerful nor accurate.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri May 09, 2014 2:23 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:Is lag intermittent or depending on map? I assume you have all graphics and effects turned down to minimum. I thought you were getting better performance as of late but it sounds up and down. It has to be an optimization issue that WG will fix because War Thunder has better graphics with less performance issues from what I have read. Game engine for WoT also a problem.
My graphics are on the lowest settings and I have been through WoT anti-lag routine and fixed discs and defragged the computer to no avail.

Yes certain maps are worse than other but only some of the time. In gereral all the graphics across the board are nerfed 10 -20% from pre 8.11. On monday my XVM rating was 36 and last night it dropped to 30 which is a 17% drop in less than 30 games. :shock: My computer is almost nerfed to the values I had when I played with a integrated video card on my notebook.

I don't really know what do do at this point. I am not having much fun since 8.11 was released and do I continue playing like a potato or quit? Part of the fun was seeing my improvement manifest itself with more average stats but thats not going to last much longer if I continue with 1000 WN rates. What really bothers me is when my preformance is nerfed by lag when I know I should be dominating situations. I got destroyed twice in my Wolverine by T34's last night when before 8.11 they would of be neutralized easily with a mininum of damage taken. :(
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri May 09, 2014 4:25 pm

Have you tried this?
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/04/24/stor ... le-buffer/
Note that anytime you change anything in settings menu you will have to disable it again.

This might be useful, supposed to limit other programs running in background.
http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster

Also make sure you disable AV active protection while you play. Shut down anything else running that you don't need in the notification area.

Do you have latest drivers for your gpu? I assume you do, want to mention it, though. Up to date drivers for everything is recommend because conflicts can happen with things you wouldn't expect.

A lot of people are having issues, it's not good. While far from your problem, I have my game minimize to desktop about once a battle and it usually isn't when I am sitting around in a bush. Still crash to desktop too, but less frequently.

Some Comet talk...Do you notice shots on the Comet landing at edge of reticle more than most tanks? I had quite a few shots last night where the tank was just about filling the reticle but shots kept missing by a fraction. Felt like pre 8.6 or whenever they buffed the distribution to be more shots to center area. May he just been RNG attempting to hold me down.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Sat May 10, 2014 9:58 pm

Best 30 game stretch I have probably ever had. Should've stopped after I got the first of the last of 3 losses, wouldn't kept the WN8 in light purple. Early morning PST is obviously the time to play on window licker weekends... :whip:

For some reason it won't let me post as an image so I had to link it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tej3n1a2rbrtv ... %20Run.png

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun May 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:Best 30 game stretch I have probably ever had. Should've stopped after I got the first of the last of 3 losses, wouldn't kept the WN8 in light purple. Early morning PST is obviously the time to play on window licker weekends... :whip:

For some reason it won't let me post as an image so I had to link it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tej3n1a2rbrtv ... %20Run.png
I agree that early morning are better for more organized gameplay than afternoon and evenings. In the past the week-end specials could get you some serious damage but the win rate was not guaranteed to be favorable. Those were a very good string of games!

I played a few Johnny games early yesterday and did half decent. I figured I better logout before I really screwed it up. Ober just ran the Comet on his account yesterday for 12 battles and had some disappointing results. I just couldn't get over a 50% WR and barely acquired a 1000 WN8 which is depressing. I should be around 54% and 1200 WN8 for a medium tank.

The lag continued yesterday to a point where its back to almost unplayable unless I want to drag all my teams down. So I have decided to stop playing my alt account to preserve the stats for later when I get a new computer this summer. I will continue to play my Ober account until the 1000 day stats fall into the yellow from green and then I will quit all together until I get a new computer. While I am waiting I will pick-up a good PC game to play in my spare time.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun May 11, 2014 4:03 pm

OK, so I rage quit this morning. Yep, I pressed Ctrl and shut it down mid game.

I am so pissed at the loss of performance! Why do they introduce finer graphics and HD models when the majority of players play with minimum requirements anyways?
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon May 12, 2014 1:11 am

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:OK, so I rage quit this morning. Yep, I pressed Ctrl and shut it down mid game.

I am so pissed at the loss of performance! Why do they introduce finer graphics and HD models when the majority of players play with minimum requirements anyways?
That's not good, definitely not worth the frustration. Problem is it shouldn't be that much more demanding but their shoddy QA released unfinished stuff. Soon you can make HD models optional and that might help too.

Sorry Ober :?

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon May 12, 2014 1:18 am

First and only game in my shiny new Centurion.

Higher alpha of the 20pdr definitely more my style. Did adjust my play to do better in Comet and enjoyed it a lot more. To be honest, though, Sixth Sense is probably what truly extended my games to allow me to boost my play.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon May 12, 2014 10:51 am

Ace of Aces wrote:First and only game in my shiny new Centurion.

Higher alpha of the 20pdr definitely more my style. Did adjust my play to do better in Comet and enjoyed it a lot more. To be honest, though, Sixth Sense is probably what truly extended my games to allow me to boost my play.
Nice game! Ive only had the Centurion out 3-4 times and was disappointed with the hull armor. It seems to have a different play style to the Comet but a far superior gun. How did you play it?
~Gen. G.S. Patton