After Action Review (Anything That Happened In-Game)

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Re: After Action Review (Anything That Happened In-Game)

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon May 12, 2014 2:14 pm

Hull down. I had read hull armor was shit and will tailor my placement to whatever hilly area I can find as close to battle lines as possible. Maps without terrain features I think I will stick behind heavy tanks (but not too close).

In the game above I went over bridge on Pearl River where heavy tanks usually go. Was me, an IS-3 and an AT TD (when he finally arrived) vs T-32, Indien Panzer and one of the VK mediums. In this case the IS-3 and I took hill before they could. He was on top, I was middle and fortunately the AT blocked lowest route when he got there to prevent the IP from flanking. They missed a lot of shots on my turret but the shots that hit bounced pretty reliably.

New map revision seems to draw a lot of people to the alternate paths above.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri May 16, 2014 9:39 pm

Well, I haven't played WoT since my Sunday rage quit. I understand from the forums the micro patch last week wasn't earth moving as far as getting people glitch free but I will install it and give it a try some morning this week-end. I must say War Thunder couldn't of timed their Ground Forces Open Beta public release too much better considering Wargaming's misfortune with 9.0. Although War Thunders games is different there are enough similarities that players with poor preforming computers are absolutely going to end up at WT. Hopefull its enough to smarten Wargaming into getting their heads out of their asses and fix their game before losing too much of the market square.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

sismis

Unread post by sismis » Sat May 17, 2014 3:06 pm

I had stopped playing WoT after my rage too.. in the moment I wanted to sell all I had, including crews.. but since tank was still dead in combat I couldn't do that and calmed slightly.

I realized later that it's the same thing that made me uninstall a year ago - it's not a bad players problem, but MM literally puts me 7 consecutive battles out of 10 in 2 tier higher battles. When last 3 of my own finally came, I am so frustrated and berserk that I regularly die in first two minutes doing completely nothing. Add to the fact that I can't win to get x5 bonus in that 10 battles... game is really not bringing any enjoyiment right now. I am actually not missing any play for WoT..

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Sun May 18, 2014 1:49 am

Definitely not worth beating your head into the wall when things get frustrating, for whatever the reason! I can totally relate to pressing too much to try to get something going but only ending up with a quick death.

Play during x5 weekends is just asking for trouble :lol:

If you aren't burning up premium time, stepping away costs you nothing but continuing to play will cost you sanity.

Enjoy the break however long it lasts guys! :party:
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

sismis

Unread post by sismis » Sun May 18, 2014 9:41 am

Ace of Aces wrote: Play during x5 weekends is just asking for trouble :lol:

If you aren't burning up premium time, stepping away costs you nothing but continuing to play will cost you sanity.
That summaries it perfectly :D
You can always make a difference, however small, and in few battles it will usually tilt in your favor and eventually lead to a won game.
But when I am tier 7 in tier 9 battles you cant do anything but die and hope your destroyed tank can be used for hull down position. My loadout for IS ended in 50:50 ratio of gold rounds..

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun May 18, 2014 12:32 pm

Well I am back playing again......that lasted like 7 days. :Tout:

Actually I found a mod called "WoT Tweaker" while searching forums for news on lag fixes yesterday. It basically turns off things like smoke, fire, blast effects and other effects not necessary for gameplay but suck your systems resources into lag. Everything is in Russian but I eventually figured out how to install it and it works like gangbusters and I would estimate I am at pre 9.0 ping and fps again.

My Ping was at 120 - 130 and now its at 80ish. Plus the fps ran at 6 normally and as low as 2 when the system was being stretched and now it runs at 20 and 16 respectively.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php? ... 0/#topmost
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Sun May 18, 2014 5:35 pm

sismis wrote:
That summaries it perfectly :D
You can always make a difference, however small, and in few battles it will usually tilt in your favor and eventually lead to a won game.
But when I am tier 7 in tier 9 battles you cant do anything but die and hope your destroyed tank can be used for hull down position. My loadout for IS ended in 50:50 ratio of gold rounds..

Yeah, when WG decides to throw you to the wolves game after game all you can do is load more gold, especially in a heavy tank. Bonus is that every hit on higher tier opponents gets more more xp!

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Sun May 18, 2014 5:40 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Well I am back playing again......that lasted like 7 days. :Tout:

Actually I found a mod called "WoT Tweaker" while searching forums for news on lag fixes yesterday. It basically turns off things like smoke, fire, blast effects and other effects not necessary for gameplay but suck your systems resources into lag. Everything is in Russian but I eventually figured out how to install it and it works like gangbusters and I would estimate I am at pre 9.0 ping and fps again.

My Ping was at 120 - 130 and now its at 80ish. Plus the fps ran at 6 normally and as low as 2 when the system was being stretched and now it runs at 20 and 16 respectively.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php? ... 0/#topmost
:lol: hard to resist the call sometimes.

Sounds like a useful app! That is a big change is fps, I can see why you were frustrated! I still lag in sniper mode when enemies are in view but fortunately that is as bad as it gets (besides the random CTD).

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon May 19, 2014 1:27 pm

I managed to get my WN8 up to 1150 for the 17 battles I played yesterday. I would of done a much better WN had I been able to win but yesterdays teams only gave me a 30% WR for the day. :( Can't control teams!

I still have a bit of lag in sniper mode but nothing like before so I am able to shoot leads on moving vehicles again. It doesn't freeze-up while confronting groups of enemies anymore either. Its not perfect but its playable again.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon May 19, 2014 5:13 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:I managed to get my WN8 up to 1150 for the 17 battles I played yesterday. I would of done a much better WN had I been able to win but yesterdays teams only gave me a 30% WR for the day. :( Can't control teams!

I still have a bit of lag in sniper mode but nothing like before so I am able to shoot leads on moving vehicles again. It doesn't freeze-up while confronting groups of enemies anymore either. Its not perfect but its playable again.
Just finished another 17 game sample this morning and things are turning around. WN8 1311 and a 76% WR. :cool: This was absolutely an issue with my computer not being able to handle all the little extras added in 9.0
~Gen. G.S. Patton