After Action Review (Anything That Happened In-Game)

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

User avatar
FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Posts: 5075
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:37 pm
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
Contact:

Re: After Action Review (Anything That Happened In-Game)

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon May 05, 2014 10:41 am

Boy, that was a rough week-end. I got a 48.5% WR and a WN8 of 1300 for the entire week-end. Ugggg. That must of been my worst week-end in months with the craziest teams in six months. I had half the frags I normally do with roughly the same amount of damage but it wasn't enough to get my stats over 1500 :(

One TG and a few medals was the only highlight.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Image

User avatar
Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: After Action Review (Anything That Happened In-Game)

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon May 05, 2014 3:55 pm

Ouch, definitely not pretty. I tried only one more battle after the morning session. Team was terrible. We got rolled. I logged off. Recent WN8 plummeting as older good games are being replaced by the recent bad ones.

Still can't wrap my head around the law of averages doesn't apply to this game as often as it should. For every loss there is a win, how is it that you can end up on the losing team so frequently?

Now I see this week has an event. Super, terrible teams for an entire 10 day stretch...
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

User avatar
Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: After Action Review (Anything That Happened In-Game)

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon May 05, 2014 6:19 pm

With no reason to renew wounds received from last weekends drubbing, I figured I would see how Herr Ober and Herr Sideburns faired last weekend.

First with Herr Sideburns...
Great ******* game! Highest WN8 I have seen on vbaddict! Image

You have got that Jackson down well! :party:

On the Ober account you had a lot of good battles but you did VERY well in 4 of your last 5 Comet games with WN8s if: 2900, 457, 2542, 1906 and 1720. Very nice job!
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

User avatar
FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Posts: 5075
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:37 pm
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
Contact:

Re: After Action Review (Anything That Happened In-Game)

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon May 05, 2014 10:13 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:Ouch, definitely not pretty. I tried only one more battle after the morning session. Team was terrible. We got rolled. I logged off. Recent WN8 plummeting as older good games are being replaced by the recent bad ones.

Still can't wrap my head around the law of averages doesn't apply to this game as often as it should. For every loss there is a win, how is it that you can end up on the losing team so frequently?

Now I see this week has an event. Super, terrible teams for an entire 10 day stretch...
Ive thought the same thoughts on the MM. Being an Engineer math is one of my strong suits and for the life of me I can't figure out what kind of algorithms they are using for the MM and RNG. They have to be weighted in some way to create this kind of mass uncertainty. My theory is its weighted as per the average battle results and when the week-end window lickers hit the battlefield it messes everything up and it goes out of balance. Whether its maps, teams or vehicles, something it trying to keep stats at a roughly 40% - 60%.

Before I saw the light I ran a steady 45% WR and after I decided to work on the WN8 and began having success the WR shot up in tandem with the WN. Bingo, Another light came on! Then came 8.11 and everything changed with MM and RNG and a lot of stats dropped roughly 20%. Basically almost everyone of my friends were approaching the 800 - 900 WN8 prior to 8.11 and now are lucky to crest the 600 mark. I saw your and my stats drop roughly the same also and we are having trouble rebounding back to pre 8.11. Its perplexing but an interview with WoT on FTR sort of tipped me off to Wargamings behind the scenes puppetry. It was an interview and when the old ARTY nerf was mentioned there was a comment something like; "We had to do something to get all the noobs to quit playing arty". That comment spoke volumes in my mind. So were stats getting too high? and were unicums uncomfortable with this? Me thinks the answer could be yes! Just look at the constant never ending changing WN rating written by the cream of WoT. If you asked me its changed when certain players see people catching their WN. :wink:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Image

User avatar
FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Posts: 5075
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:37 pm
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
Contact:

Re: After Action Review (Anything That Happened In-Game)

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon May 05, 2014 10:32 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:With no reason to renew wounds received from last weekends drubbing, I figured I would see how Herr Ober and Herr Sideburns faired last weekend.

First with Herr Sideburns...
Great ******* game! Highest WN8 I have seen on vbaddict! Image

You have got that Jackson down well! :party:

On the Ober account you had a lot of good battles but you did VERY well in 4 of your last 5 Comet games with WN8s if: 2900, 457, 2542, 1906 and 1720. Very nice job!
Can't keep any secrets from you Ace :lol: Mr Sideburns was able to maintain a 1500 WN8 but only because I played that account in the early morning while all the baddies were sleeping off the nights losses. :Tout:

The lakeville coup was a pretty good match for the Jackson. I basically carried the last part of the match to pull the win from the enemys grasp. The funny thing is that I was so tunneled out on playing I didn't realize I was driving the Jackson and not the Wolverine. :shock: Had I known that I wouldn't of been so aggressive with the Jacksons painful reload time. :lol:

I still can't get over how well Ive done with the Comet lately. Ober's Comet has a damage ratio and destruction ratio of over 1.0 which I can normally only achieve with TDs and both Comets are 51% and 53% for WR. I still have a lot of work to do on tier 9 battles cause I'm pretty lost when there are too many higher tier tanks in the draft. I think the Comet is a keeper. :D
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Image

User avatar
Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: After Action Review (Anything That Happened In-Game)

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon May 05, 2014 11:08 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote: If you asked me its changed when certain players see people catching their WN. :wink:
I agree with that :lol:

A little tin hat for ya. I have been above 52.1% thee times since returning to wot, each time I suddenly (almost immediately) go on a big time losing streak. The first time I kept on playing and I dropped to win 51.8%. Next two times I stopped after a much smaller number of battles. Hope they are satisfied with my drop last weekend so I can have a good week starting today.

Hard to grind a tank when you don't play. Guess I need to spend more gold.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

User avatar
Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: After Action Review (Anything That Happened In-Game)

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon May 05, 2014 11:20 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:
Ace of Aces wrote:With no reason to renew wounds received from last weekends drubbing, I figured I would see how Herr Ober and Herr Sideburns faired last weekend.

First with Herr Sideburns...
Great ******* game! Highest WN8 I have seen on vbaddict! Image

You have got that Jackson down well! :party:

On the Ober account you had a lot of good battles but you did VERY well in 4 of your last 5 Comet games with WN8s if: 2900, 457, 2542, 1906 and 1720. Very nice job!
Can't keep any secrets from you Ace :lol: Mr Sideburns was able to maintain a 1500 WN8 but only because I played that account in the early morning while all the baddies were sleeping off the nights losses. :Tout:

The lakeville coup was a pretty good match for the Jackson. I basically carried the last part of the match to pull the win from the enemys grasp. The funny thing is that I was so tunneled out on playing I didn't realize I was driving the Jackson and not the Wolverine. :shock: Had I known that I wouldn't of been so aggressive with the Jacksons painful reload time. :lol:

I still can't get over how well Ive done with the Comet lately. Ober's Comet has a damage ratio and destruction ratio of over 1.0 which I can normally only achieve with TDs and both Comets are 51% and 53% for WR. I still have a lot of work to do on tier 9 battles cause I'm pretty lost when there are too many higher tier tanks in the draft. I think the Comet is a keeper. :D
You know you are playing well when you just adapt to the situation instead of having to think things through.

Comet can definitely be fun. I need to stop driving it to forward positions with it. I rarely go anywhere risky but it's always a bad situation when it's you vs 2 or 3 enemy tanks and you have no support. I need more situational awareness for gaging liklihood of team support than I do for tactical situations right now.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

User avatar
FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Posts: 5075
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:37 pm
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
Contact:

Re: After Action Review (Anything That Happened In-Game)

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue May 06, 2014 12:56 am

Ace of Aces wrote:
FieldMarshall Ober wrote: If you asked me its changed when certain players see people catching their WN. :wink:
I agree with that :lol:

A little tin hat for ya. I have been above 52.1% thee times since returning to wot, each time I suddenly (almost immediately) go on a big time losing streak. The first time I kept on playing and I dropped to win 51.8%. Next two times I stopped after a much smaller number of battles. Hope they are satisfied with my drop last weekend so I can have a good week starting today.

Hard to grind a tank when you don't play. Guess I need to spend more gold.
You were also grinding some tanks from the lower tiers instead of xp'in your way to tier 6 or 7 with a tank line. Bad boy for not using gold.

On the Comet thing.....remember you have to stay alive until the mid point of the match sniping and preserving health until you can go into action killing and spotting all those wounded ducklings. :Tout: I'm feeling that you are doing some passive scouting and that's IMO a really bad idea in the Comet. I tried mine with camo paint, camo net and a 100% camo crewman and it just couldn't be relied on as a tool at medium to close ranges. You get spotted too easily and dealt with quickly with a mere 1150 in armor. Then again, you have your Mastery on the tank and I still don't so take what I write with a grain of salt.

I hate Mondays!!!!! Played 5 games on good maps and won one game. The sniper mode lag was beyond description and on one map I lost an opportunity to acquire serious damage because it was impossible to aim with the lag. I wasn't even able to right click targets it was so bad. :sickie:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Image

User avatar
Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: After Action Review (Anything That Happened In-Game)

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Tue May 06, 2014 7:02 am

Well I sure as hell don't know how to play this tank against higher tiers. Not loving the Comet right now, two reasons.

1. I only get tier 8 and 9 battles. Last tier 7 battle might have been my Ace tanker match.
2. I cannot adapt my play style to drive a support tank with very little tier 8+ carry ability when I get placed in tier 8+ matches all of the time.

Not all Comet games but the dismal stats of the night are 5 out of 11, 0% survival and a WN8 of 760. You hate Mondays, I am starting to hate all days :Hunt:

Not really trying to scout passively but I am definitely not in the rear either. About 6% left to Sixth Sense, that will help a lot. If I can't get the Comet figured out in a night or two then I will have to choose between abandoning the line for now or free XPing the rest if I want to press on toward FV4202 (not unlikely).
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

User avatar
Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: After Action Review (Anything That Happened In-Game)

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Tue May 06, 2014 7:59 am

Still doesn't make up for the night overall but I did survive my first battle (whatdayaknow - a tier 7 match). It was a good one:

Image

Should have died a few times and made a few mistakes in the T29 & KV-1 encounter that a good player would have capitalized on. I really didn't figure I would survive any of the last few encounters and was just hoping for a little more damage but luck and the armor held up enough to get me through. I enabled replays viewable by all so you should be able to download the replay file from the details page (replay tab). Worth checking out the end game when I go back to base. Guderian was right, I was lucky that the T29 and KV-1 was terrible (could've been w/o gunner) but I also had some bad RNG with that bounce on the rear of the KV-1.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Lucky got me the best match of my evening (and likely month), good got me 0% survives today :lol:
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest