News

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Scub
Location: Norway, where you meet Santa Claus and polar bears on a daily basis

Re: News

Unread post by Scub » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:18 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:So thats whats going on with the match maker! There is a influx of new players climbing the tiers. I suspect the trend goes for the NA server also. This would explain the craziness in the lower tier matches we have seen recently.
Yea that can be the case, had lot of 15/2 battles, some win some lose 50/50 and when I look at my teammates there are new beginners with only 200/500 battles, worst is the players with heavy gold tanks and only few games, its not good for the team at all,
WoT should have made restriction on buying these vehicles , with an key lock symbole over the tank, to unlock they need lats say 100 battles on low tiar gold tanks, and the demand of more battle experiance when getting higher on the high tiar gold tanks. same principle as the ordinary tank tree, need experience of developing tank and climbing towards higher Tiar tanks.
WoT want to make money, but that an 10 years old kid running a T34 after a few games in a LoLTraktor is completely wrong, and at the same time they can lose some players thats become feed up with these noobs that ruin the game,

Yust lost an battle with my Grille, they lost only 3 tanks, we ofcourse all, I was toasted 2 min out in the game becouse every body rush to the front and open up over flank, no defence, , so one scout went in and made an quick exit for me.
And at the same time, their arty yust bang 4 or 5 tanks of the map.
Yust one of does sweet games :zom:
Google Translate
I am from Norway, Bear with me !! ;-)

http://wotlabs.net/sig_cust/FFFFFF/7070 ... nature.png

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:36 pm

A new map to add to the 6 or 7 you see constantly. Slated for 8.5 update.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Scub

Unread post by Scub » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:06 pm

Special: Back To Your Roots

Real tankers never forget where they come from. They all look back fondly with a tear in the eye to their earliest times, and never miss the chance to revisit those times when they grew up.

This weekend, let’s have a look back at the toys you played with when you were a rookie. Can you remember your first impressive battles? The pride you felt when you drove a small tank and gained your first Sniper medal…?

From Saturday 30th March at 06:10 CET (05:10 GMT) until Tuesday April 2nd at 07:00 CEST (GMT+2), relive your youth and bring out your Tier III and IV tanks! Whilst doing that, you will be able to enjoy the following bonuses:

Medal Hunt: Sniper

Each time you gain the Sniper medal (on any tier vehicle), your account will automatically increase by 6000 credits! To win this shiny badge, you will need to strike well and cause the most potential damage to your enemies in the battlefield. Don’t waste your shells! Each hit should deal damage.

Polish your gunner’s spectacles, and reload your shells!

100% more credits with all Tier III and IV tanks

Earn twice as many credits after each battle with any light, medium or heavy tank of Tier III or IV. Premium tanks are not included, but the list of eligible vehicles is long enough to keep you going on the battlefields for hours!
They may be small… but they make you rich!

X2 Crew Experience whichever tank they serve on

Up to 50% off Camouflage

Not the best Easter weekend spesial, but okey there are 2x crew training and help me get through the weekend with an happy smile on my face :D
Google Translate

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:38 pm

Our week-end event is pretty calm (Monsters of metal). The only benefit I get besides the x3 exp is 1.5 credits for VK3601 battles. So I'm earning credits with her and will buy a bunch of consumables on Sunday night. :D

Gameplay isn't too bad here this week-end. I am at 10 wins and 9 losses so far today, so not too bad considering how bad its been in the past.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Scub

Unread post by Scub » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:13 am

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Our week-end event is pretty calm (Monsters of metal). The only benefit I get besides the x3 exp is 1.5 credits for VK3601 battles. So I'm earning credits with her and will buy a bunch of consumables on Sunday night. :D

Gameplay isn't too bad here this week-end. I am at 10 wins and 9 losses so far today, so not too bad considering how bad its been in the past.
Nice to stock up cosumables, last weekend we had 50% off , so I filled my depot with 300 x coca cola, 600 x repair set, 50 x big repair set, 100 x 105 oktan gasoline, all this for my Hellcat hahahaha
And 50x lend lease oil, 50x cocolate, 50x coffee, 50 x russian field ration and 100x 100 oktan gasoline
this the price I pay for trying getting better on the battlefield

Cost a fortune, but this will save me for lots of gold and credits, and hopefully make a big different on my Hellcat preformence :Tout:

Its good we get 2x crew training becouse I have yust got 97% on skill three, and the average crew/xp counter says 55 battles left to reach 98% :sickie:
But with premium and x2 crew, its getting mutch faster, hopefulle I get an good start on fourth skill when this bonus weekend is over. My goal must be 51% :Tout:

Cool if my Hellcat Commander gets these on his shoulders
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (12.74 KiB) Viewed 271 times
Google Translate

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:46 pm

New German Tanks

Maybe a reason to wander back to German tree after 8.5 releases? These tanks might bring me back! I have learned to play mobility much more effectively and would likely enjoy some mobile German tanks. They are comparing the Leopard PT A to the Hellcat Scub (that get your attention), but at tier 9 we will have to grind it out, well I will have to anyway :wink:

New Map: Moon

Swore this was an early April Fools joke, but maybe not. Could be interesting trying to find moon bushes to hide in. Still think this is a joke.

New Soviet Tanks

ST-2T is the only confirmed tank right now.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:56 pm

8.5 is going to the test server and a list of changes has been posted for all to review.

http://worldoftanks.com/news/2193-85-public-test/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some highlights:

New Map: Pearl River
Updated Maps: Siegfried Line, South Coast, and Malinovka
Minor changes and improvements made for the following maps: Redshire, El-Halluf, Karelia, Sand River, Steppes, Himmelsdorf, and Live Oaks.
USA premium SPG Sexton tier III moved to the British tree and added to in-game shop
Max speed of the IS-7 increased from 50 to 59.6 km/h
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:New Map: Moon

Swore this was an early April Fools joke, but maybe not. Could be interesting trying to find moon bushes to hide in. Still think this is a joke.
I can almost hear the TOG on the moon jokes now. :lol:
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:11 pm

Big change I caught from that page was including premium consumables at a credit cost using the existing exchange rate. This will benefit me a ton!

Will you be buying the Sexton Herr Ober?

Maybe the TOG can now move at a decent rate of speed on the moon :lol:

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:30 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:Will you be buying the Sexton Herr Ober?
Naw, ive never tried the SPGs. They get too much heat from players when things go wrong and I;m bad enough as it is. :lol:
Ace of Aces wrote: Maybe the TOG can now move at a decent rate of speed on the moon :lol:
I never thought of that. brilliant!
~Gen. G.S. Patton