Memoir 44

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

KennyJman
Mod
Mod

Memoir 44

Unread post by KennyJman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Anyone opposed to a Memoir 44 thread?? I see we have WoT,FoW etc.. We would be remiss in not including this game.

I have MOST of the available sets and can answer questions and offer advice.

Thoughts??

P.S. EVERYONE send Loco a PM and ask him how the campaign is going... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Entek

Re: Memoir 44

Unread post by Entek » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:19 pm

Dano introduced me to this game a while back and it's a ton of fun! I recently picked up a Winter/Dessert board, the Terrain Pack, and the Eastern Front Expansion.

I have been wanting to pick up a copy of the Air Pack, but it is out of print and from what I've heard not going to be re-printed. Is it worth the price $99-$125 for a copy of the expansion?

The game is fun. It's simple enough that anyone can play it, but not too easy and different every time. A friend and I are going through the scenarios in the book, and are almost done. We have been playing them once on each side, and have about 4 left or so.
Thank you Rebel!

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:19 pm

No opposition here. I went hog wild about two years ago and picked up about every product they had but unfortunately haven't enjoyed the order and section card system as much as I thought I might. Only holding on to it for when my son gets old enough to play because it is definitely more friendly for younger ages compared to AAM, TOO, FOW, etc.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:14 am

Not sure what you mean kenny, we already have a M44 section and you are the moderator. :party:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:09 am

:lol:

The force is strong with Ober

*waving hand* These aren't the droids you're looking for.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:15 am

Kenny's just caught in this sorta time shift thingy. :drinking:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:10 am

KennyJman wrote:Anyone opposed to a Memoir 44 thread?? I see we have WoT,FoW etc.. We would be remiss in not including this game.

I have MOST of the available sets and can answer questions and offer advice.

Thoughts??

P.S. EVERYONE send Loco a PM and ask him how the campaign is going... :lol: :lol: :lol:
:bowty: It's going about as good as Kenny's Infantry did against my Pillboxes in the D-Day game we played awhile ago. :Tout:

KennyJman
Mod
Mod

Unread post by KennyJman » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Are you referring to that pile of pink paste on the sand that used to be infantry?

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:22 pm

:bowty: That is correct oh wise one :bow:

Encore

Unread post by Encore » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:49 pm

+1 for Memoir '44

I started playing it in '05, introduced in an 8-player overlord scenario (hint: not the best way to introduce new players), and have loved it ever since (ran out and bought the game that week). It is easily my favorite non-collectible game - though with the number of expansions, the line of "non-collectible" has become fainter :lol:

I find the mechanics to be very good. The fact that it is card-driven does not detract from game play. While one player may have cards for the left flank, the probability of the other having right flank cards is higher (which avoids the scenario of lopsided activity).

The rules are pretty straight-forward, and with the assistance of reference cards, I was able to teach a few of my geography students how to play within a few minutes (they played for the rest of the day)!

All the best,
-Encore