Post Your Video & Replays

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Re: Post Your Video & Replays

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:45 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Thanks a million Ace.....love the title....you have to get into commentary sometime. :Tout:
You bet, my pleasure.

You do want people to watch these videos don't you??? :lol:
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:36 pm

We could call your video series; "Ace in your Face" and you could become as famous as The mighty Jingles. Its really hard to rhyme anything with Dunkelshatten so your might want to consider changing your in-game name. :Tout: Spatten with Shatten just doesn't cut it.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:09 am

No it sure doesn't, but Spaten is a damn good German brewer!

I am thirsty all of a sudden...
:party:
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:05 am

An early Covenanter derp unexpectedly turns around. Watch for the good fortune when I decide to fall back to set a trap for the Chi-He moving down the bluffs that I know will be passing by soon. Had I not moved I am likely popped by someone on their side of the valley while I was drinking tea in the bush.

Full disclosure, the gold rounds came out early and often.

[BBvideo 637,525]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5AfvlD ... e=youtu.be[/BBvideo]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:30 pm

Very nice TG! Excelent use of terrain. I loved the old El Hallif map but I like the new one even more. The only thing I don't like is having to fight in A1 when you drive a German heavy as the gun depression is so horrible you have to expose yourself so much to get the depression you need.

I have to ask why you allowed the japanese tank to slide down the hillside without shooting it? Were you worried about the Lee or just waiting for a kill shot?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:50 pm

I knew a shot would reveal me with his buddys across the way ready to pounce. Was positive he would swing through soon enough. Was not expecting the TD and think he would've had the advantage using rock as cover to turn had I not fallen back.

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:12 am

And finally Ober's Comet Top Gun match on Airfield now that replays aren't crashing thanks to micropatch. To be honest, replays are running at higher FPS with my recording software than they ever have :slinger;

[BBvideo 637,525]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTuhnbc ... e=youtu.be[/BBvideo]

Love that you were staring down the barrel of 4 of their guns, bouncing most of their shots off your sturdy turret face and mantlet. Was hilarious watching them trying to all pack into that nook to take cover from your ROF :lol:
That replay really highlights the strength of a medium tank WHEN it has fire support to keep you from being singled out. Great job Ober!!!!

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:25 pm

Tactics that involve hull-down and use of the crazy gun depression that the Comet has, coupled with the mobility, ROF and Pen make this a good all around medium.

I knew I was pretty safe as long as I stayed hull-down when we caught the push along the coast. I took one shot around the time I killed the M4 and I could see they were pissed and were focusing fire on me so decided it was time to relocate. I decided to climb the hill to spot the hill behind the beach push group to see if it was going to be suicide to try to flank the beach group, thats when I saw the AT exchanging shots with the M1. I hate the AT series of TD and I make a point of singling them out for destruction cause so many players just cannot figure them out. So once I had my sights on him it was going to be him or me, luckily the M1 had his attention. Once he was gone it was time to finish the stalled push on the beach and I had 5 kills. The rest of the match was pure TG madness knowing I could taste the medal. The Tiger wasn't my preference to tangle with but he was the one that showed himself first. Normally I wouldn't of allowed the A-43 to side shoot me while I was finishing the Tiger I but it was a calculated risk aimed at acquiring the TG.

Quickybaby has a number of troll Comet platoon videos posted on his channel where 3 Comets race around focusing fire and obliterating enemy tanks. They are pretty good videos and almost make a case for nerfing the Comet but because so many players seem to miss its intended playstyle it suffers from middle of the road tier 7 medium ratings.

Thanks for the replay Ace!
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:34 pm

Always Ober!

Looking forward to getting the Comet, should have it by next weekend...especially with May 1st being all 2x on every win.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:39 pm

Had an awesome game in the Comet before supper.
cOMET.jpg
~Gen. G.S. Patton