Post Your Video & Replays

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Re: Post Your Video & Replays

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:44 am

Nice, that was some fantastic assisted damage. That match right there would have a super high Battle Rating on VBaddict. Really is a major oversight that WG doesn't have that stat in their API. Diminishes one of the most important stats right along with damage done, vision control is such an important thing.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:44 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:Nice, that was some fantastic assisted damage. That match right there would have a super high Battle Rating on VBaddict. Really is a major oversight that WG doesn't have that stat in their API. Diminishes one of the most important stats right along with damage done, vision control is such an important thing.
Good scouting is so important but the ever so frequent suiscouting leaves us without scouts in the later half of the game. This is why you see so much Damage Assist when I'm driving the Comet.....you are the late game scouting troll who just happens to have a fast turret and decent pen gun to inflict lots of damage while spotting everyone at 50 km/h. The Cromwell works the same way but with more speed. I got all of my scouting medals with the Cromwell.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:04 pm

Nice, I can see where it would be excellent at that. My crew isn't quite there but it will be in time.

Really wishing I had that extra depression for Crommy. A number of spots I ran to but lacked enough depression to pop shots without having to crest more than is wise. Just need to pick my terrain better.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu May 29, 2014 3:08 am

Been sitting on this one for two weeks and decided to record and throw on youtube before the new client comes out. This was a new single game XP high score replacing a long standing game I played in a T71 quite a while back.

The usual amount of luck applies here. Couple things to note:

I do not have 6th Sense
You will notice a lot of movement in sniping, this was due to micro lags common in sniper mode at the time (funny to watch your reticle at a later date when the game is running better).
I almost run out of ammo, something I noticed right before my final run
That T71 that almost ended me was spotted for quite a while before I keyed in on him. Shocked how focused I was elsewhere when a big time threat was vulnerable a long time before I noticed them. So lucky his last shot was for no damage...
Importance of vision control. Other than I was initially spotted on the central hill looking into their base area, the IS and IS-3 couldn't spot me while I was able to spot and shoot them without return fire.

Anyway, here are the quick stats + link to the battle on vbaddict

[BBvideo 637,525]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p_4dsA ... e=youtu.be[/BBvideo]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu May 29, 2014 11:34 pm

very nice replay. Wow I thought you were done at the start but you did pretty good for a tank without much health left. :Tout: Very nice, best match....its going to be hard one to top.

You do exactly what I would of done when you spotted the IS & IS-3 on the hillside late in the match. I too would of alternated my shots between the two of them making them nervous and throwing them off their game. I also figure its better for WN to damage the multiple tanks when possible rather than concentrating on one tank and following through to the kill.

The Chaffee looks like a lot of fun to play, is it? Its a scout, right?

Which XVM do you use?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri May 30, 2014 3:09 am

:lol: yeah, I should have been toast by the time the I finished the T71. I wish I could claim grand strategy but a lot of my shot selection was based on which tank I had the better side armor shot with.

Sixth sense will really make things so much better. Light tanks without it is pretty brutal with two or three simultaneous shots being the end of the line.

Chaffee is a lot of fun, probably my favorite tank to play after they nerfed T71. If you can make it to end game you can really harass and abuse the wounded tanks on non city maps. It is a scout and that match there was really good MM. Usually you are up against at least a few 9s and 10s which limits your early damage. On the other hand you get way more xp for that damage so it has become my xp grind tank.

Type 64 has very similar playstyle, probably my 2nd favorite tank AND a premium tank to boot. I am sure you will see a replay from it sooner than later.

I use Aslains mod pack which has a ton of options, was there something you were interested in? I could tell you what component it is so you can find that mod separately.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri May 30, 2014 11:14 am

Which reticle are you using and damage indicators.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri May 30, 2014 3:54 pm

By damage indicator do you mean the red graphics that show the direction I was shot from? If so, I am using Meltymaps for both it and my reticle. It is a common inclusion in all mod packs but it is out there by itself too. I would recommend downloading Aslains and seeing what you like. It may have everything you use now and a few more you might like to add. It also has wottweaker built into the install so you can choose what to disable without doing a separate action.

You can always install what you like and put anything it doesn't have over the top of the install.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php? ... -29052014/

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri May 30, 2014 11:10 pm

I was looking at the damage dealt list in the lower left corner
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri May 30, 2014 11:34 pm

Aha. I am using the XTF damage panel from the pack (which includes hitlog), SeaFalcons is also nice but i don't think it has the reload countdown of the last tank that shot you.