Post Your Video & Replays

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: Post Your Video & Replays

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:31 pm

Im not sure if anyone still follows these threads but I played my most epic match to date last night and ended up with 10 kills with my Jackson on my alt account. By the end I was vibrating knowing how high my kills were going. When I got the 6th kill I figured out that was it but opponents kept driving into my LOS and they kept getting destroyed. The 10th kill was an arty that charged me while I was capping.

In the end I ended up with: Pool's Medal, Kolobanov's Medal, Topgun and Invader. I really like my new 'new to me' computer.....no more lag :lol:

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

sismis

Unread post by sismis » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:06 pm

Frame it and paste on the wall! So it was computer holding you back the whole time :D :D :D And we were dealing advices :D

Great job! ;)

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:04 pm

New computer? Do tell! I bet playing just got a whole lot easier.

Great game, Kolobanov is a tough medal to get! Love those games that give you a rush.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:30 pm

Hey Ace, good to hear your still alive. :Tout:

I don't have a state of the art video card but it sure beats the old Laptop. I will never fix my overall stats but my 1000 day shows that I am finally an average player (1100ish WN8 and 52% WR). Its way more fun to play now that I can play compeditively and hold my own against the enemy players.

I have also recruited ALL my friends and they play also. We have a lot of fun platooning and battling in private rooms as a group. I'm kinda the leader training the guys and sending links to must-see youtube videos and etc.

Right now my favorite tanks are the Jackson with the 90mm boom stick and the T25 AT with the 105mm. The Hellcat just got my old ass into too much trouble like the cromwell did so the jackson was a better fit. I abandoned the VK3601 when it was changed to a heavy tank but I'm back playing it again and doing quite well in the conversion from medium to heavy.

Yes, the Kolobanov medal was quite an achievment and left me just vibrating after the match was done. I couldn't believe that the enemy was just suiciding them selves on the jackson one at a time.

I see you quit playing last fall, can I ask why? Your stats show you were an excelent player.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:53 pm

Thanks Ober, I am still alive :oops:
Haven't played AAM in at least 6 months but that's no excuse for not stopping by more!

Thanks for compliment, by the time I quit I was playing my best. Finally learned some patience which went a long way to better stats. My 2 or 3 games the other day proved my patience is gone again, though. :lol: I stepped away right after the new Russian line released, was grinding my T-54 toward the object 140. Camo change explains why my T-54 kept getting spotted in bushes :lol:

I stopped playing WoT because I was extremely pissed about all of the "balancing". I understood spending money guarantees nothing as things sometimes need tweaking but felt the accuracy buff back in 8.6 changed too much which then put them on a rampage of other changes to bring the game back in balance. I was so fed up I let 200 premium days waste but I just couldn't bring myself to play.

The cycle will continue and I will probably play a bit more because I do like the game but I won't be supporting their shenanigans financially anymore. I see my clan mates bitching all the time about this stuff so I don't think much has changed. Fortunately my clan plays all different kinds of games so I ended up moving to a different game to play within the community.

Would love to platoon up sometime, will look for you when I log on but we may be better off setting a time and day because I don't think I will come back to WoT full force and I usually play later evenings PST.

Tank on brother! :sherman:
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:00 pm

Ace of Aces wrote: I stopped playing WoT because I was extremely pissed about all of the "balancing". I understood spending money guarantees nothing as things sometimes need tweaking but felt the accuracy buff back in 8.6 changed too much which then put them on a rampage of other changes to bring the game back in balance. I was so fed up I let 200 premium days waste but I just couldn't bring myself to play.

The cycle will continue and I will probably play a bit more because I do like the game but I won't be supporting their shenanigans financially anymore. I see my clan mates bitching all the time about this stuff so I don't think much has changed. Fortunately my clan plays all different kinds of games so I ended up moving to a different game to play within the community.
I would be lying if I said I hadn't got pissed a few times and stopped playing for a few days. I wished Wargaming would get everything together and quit changing things all the time. Right now everyone is bitching at the MM and the RNG values, but thats been going on forever. I try not to take it too seroiusly which is why I left my clan to be a free agent again.
Ace of Aces wrote: Would love to platoon up sometime, will look for you when I log on but we may be better off setting a time and day because I don't think I will come back to WoT full force and I usually play later evenings PST.

Tank on brother! :sherman:
I will be looking for you if I ever get insomnia and am up late.

Cheers
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:43 am

Clan was pretty hardcore then?

Just looked at your stat sig, very nice improvement sir!

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:41 am

Ace of Aces wrote:Clan was pretty hardcore then?
The clan in general was OK but a few members really grated my patience to a point where once I got enough training to walk on my own I bailed out without a word. I actually am starting to enjoy the chaos of the pubs now, win or lose I'm generally in the top 3.
Ace of Aces wrote: Just looked at your stat sig, very nice improvement sir!
Thanks, it was a long while in the making. The change came when I decided to completely ignore the Win Rate and concentrate on the WN8 score and damage ratio. I studied the formula that was linked on WoT Labs site and got the jist of what was important for a good score and went about grinding for a better set of stats. Basically I do as much damage as I can early in the game, stay alive and harvest my kills towards the end when the enemy is beat up. Its not a super aggressive playstyle but it supports the team well and earns good exp. One day I looked at my 1000 battle stats and my WR was 52% and the light went on and I knew there was a link between skill and the Win Rate.

One another WoT topic, one of the changes I'm sure you've noticed is the damage based missions that are available for extra silver, consumables and crew skills boosts. I think they are great and have cashed in on lots of loot on the week-ends when playtime isn't an issue. I find the silver credits really build up a lot faster now that missions are weekly/daily. Be sure to check them out in the garage.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:23 am

Followed much of the same path to my epiphany. You know me and spreadsheets, made one for the ratings at the time so I could play with the stats and see how it translated to WN7 results. Became quickly apparent that early patience paid off late with more total damage and mop up kills, the two things that jack the rating up quick.

The missions are nice, might have played a month or so with them. It's the one change I liked! :lol:

foxmarine2123

Unread post by foxmarine2123 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:52 pm

Any of you guys ever play the old video game "Sudden Strike" and "Sudden Strike 2" It is a good game. In it you control whole armies on the battlefield. The troops can capture vehicles and guns ever fly planes. You can mass your armor for major attacks. The games focus primarily on tactics.
http://www.fireglowgames.com/index.php?uid=instores
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush

Murphy's war law