War Thunder

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

jtemple507

Re: War Thunder

Unread post by jtemple507 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:11 am

Then it would probably adapt well to my really slow laptop from 2003!!! Assuming I had the correct requirements... :D

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:39 am

jtemple507 wrote:Then it would probably adapt well to my really slow laptop from 2003!!! Assuming I had the correct requirements... :D
I got rid of my old laptop w/ intigrated graphics and got a second hand gaming PC off Kijiji a few months back.....what a difference.

Go to this site and run the macro and you will see how it will run. It will give you a pass or fail.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu May 01, 2014 12:46 am

Here's a peak at War Thunder Ground forces compliments of the Mighty Jingles. Its very similar to WoT but follows the same WT styles as in the airgame including the annoying radio chatter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1YCsk6 ... ubs_digest
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

sismis

Unread post by sismis » Thu May 01, 2014 10:30 am

I am not impressed. It took WoT and dropped it to a arcade level. Shooting on the run? Come on...
Of all directions a game could go, it took worse possible. This is just Warplanes on the ground...
I miss combined arms of Battlefield 1942.

But, there are other fish in the sea.. this one is really close to AAM/WAS combined: Wargame Red Dragon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkWMjrK7qD0#t=818, placed in modern setting.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu May 01, 2014 2:25 pm

Yea, I wasn't super impressed either with what I saw. As a coincidence For the Record did a review on War Thunder this morning and it wasn't a good review.

The game you posted....Beta or is it released?.....looks interesting.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

sismis

Unread post by sismis » Thu May 01, 2014 3:26 pm

As I understand it it is a brand new release, however same studio has very similar titles before. People on forums are quite enthusiastic and enjoy game very much, however it has a quite steep learning curve which is holding me back for now.
Basically you build a deck with your units https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJGVyL5aPk4 and enter the battle. YOu had to have combined arms as all tank army for example will be blind and can easily be destroyed from air or by ATGs or by infantry. Scouting is extremely important as you cannot see what lies ahead.
Last post I saw is that ships are unbalanced right now but you can play map without water.

What I want to say is, there is a lot of stuff now around and developers will need to provide something more meaty than already existing game ;)

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri May 16, 2014 9:30 pm

The open beta was released to the public yesterday. I got my first taste today after a lengthy upload of the tank clients overnight. First thing, Love the graphics, its smooth and free of WoT glitches. The biggest difference is the mini map and the fact that the enemy doesn't outline when you put the cross hairs on them. This means no right clicking and shooting on the run. All your shots require you to physically see the enemy tank and choose its weak spots. Thats all for now.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

sismis

Unread post by sismis » Sat May 17, 2014 2:54 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:The biggest difference is the mini map and the fact that the enemy doesn't outline when you put the cross hairs on them. This means no right clicking and shooting on the run. All your shots require you to physically see the enemy tank and choose its weak spots. Thats all for now.
Wow.. just started downloading when I read this. I really really like this feature..