Gaming Mouse

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Gaming Mouse

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:28 pm

I finally broke down and bought a gaming mouse today. Its a Steelseries RIVAL optical mouse with six programmable buttons. The cordless are too expensive and hard on batteries so this one is corded. Its got a ton of DBI and great polling speed as well as rubber coated and fits my hand like a glove.

I went home at lunch and set it up and tried it out in a match and it works great. I programmed the spare buttons with Left Shift, repairkit and Q so now I don't have to look at the keyboard for the most used functions.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Re: Gaming Mouse

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Very nice, SteelsSeries makes great products. I use one of there gaming mouse pads. Don't need one for WoT but a couple other games I play require precise and responsive movement.

Love the extra function buttons. Can totally use without but it's nice not to have to worry about reaching keys that aren't in a convenient spot. Cruise control and Q are my favorites to map to the mouse.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:12 pm

I reconed the in-stock mice at a local electronics store and searched reviews in the evening before and choose the one I wanted. Steelseries got great reviews across the board. They had Razer mice also but they were too expensive and cordless. The Steelseries was on sale for $40 so the price was right. They even had a Razer that had a built in keyboard attached to the mouse. I couldn't imagine driving and shooting all with the right hand....sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. :Tout:

There was a lot of tweeking settings last night until I got it just right. I also had to raise my chair to put my arm in a different position so it was easier to keep my thumb on the extra function buttons. The Left Shift on the thumb was very convenient.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:43 pm

That must have been one of those MMORPG mice, Razer Naga maybe. Definitely a lot going on with one of those!
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:18 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:That must have been one of those MMORPG mice, Razer Naga maybe. Definitely a lot going on with one of those!
Nostrono or something like that??????
~Gen. G.S. Patton