Armored Warfare

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Re: Armored Warfare

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:22 am

:lol:

Just got this email. Will probably pop on the $70 package as well.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:51 pm

A a a a a and money was spent. Looking forward to being able to play.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri May 01, 2015 12:51 am

Ace of Aces wrote:A a a a a and money was spent. Looking forward to being able to play.
Sweet! So now you are all set, you know the date and the account is ready. :cool:

I got to wait til payday next week to get my Founders pack although forum skuttlebutt says alpha testers will be invited to the Beta along with the rest. The only crappy thing is when you buy into the beta test with a FP you loose your Alpha badge on your profile, it gets replaced with the Beta badge.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri May 01, 2015 6:21 pm

That seems strange. I'm sure they'll fix that so Alpha badge has priority.

I already had early access with my CBT code but I figure the tanks will come in handy. MBT 70 looks like a cool tank, I could see myself playing that one a ton.

My new outlook on these games is to buy a pack early and grind it out the long way. If it's a fun game then the grind won't be so bad! Did same thing for WoWs with their pack.

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:52 am

You been playing Ober? I'm sure you have. I have played a little bit, more in the 2nd test since the hours aren't set. At first I wasn't doing well but I'm sort of getting the hang of it here recently.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:03 am

Ace of Aces wrote:You been playing Ober? I'm sure you have. I have played a little bit, more in the 2nd test since the hours aren't set. At first I wasn't doing well but I'm sort of getting the hang of it here recently.
Actually I haven't been playing lately. I bought a founders pack but paving season has arrived and I have very little free time, basicly the server windows don't line up with my free time. I have been playing the T-34-3 and a new T54 Proto on WoT (Love both tanks). The other reason is I may have a virus of some sort on my computer, since the last testing cession there is suddenly 35 gigs of free space being used that should be free. I even cleaned up the computer and defragged the HD but still can't figure out what has consumed the disc space. It might be time for a wipe!

AW is different than WoT but it doesn't take long to get into the groove and learn to play tanks AW style. Having said that, I still can't get used to the sniper mode sensitivity, WoTs sniper mode works way smoother. Getting used to the maps will make the game more fun too, knowing your way around really helps with gameplay. I found fighting in open areas was tense and too many invisatank/scouts, brawling in urban areas was way more fun. But like you I need more time playing to get that battlefield awarness that leads to solid gameplay.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:33 pm

Yeah, those server times were rough. Now, it seems to be on all the time, though.

Be sure to run the windows disk cleanup app if you haven't already. It can find temp files that get hidden quite easily. Maybe you did, couldn't tell from comment.

Would love to try the T-54 Proto. Been some time since I have played WoT but that's a tank I know I would like. Glad to see you like the T34-3 still! You'll have to show me how it's done one of these days!