Info and reference material

Moderators: Scub, Ace of Aces

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Tactics

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Anything related to tactics.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Re: Tactics

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:21 pm

Sidescraping - Who out there besides myself utilizes this effective positioning behind cover? Doesn't work well with all tanks (Super Pershing for one), but I definitely use it for most tanks I would be playing peek a boo with behind buildings.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Scub
Location: Norway, where you meet Santa Claus and polar bears on a daily basis

Unread post by Scub » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:10 am

Ace of Aces wrote:Sidescraping - Who out there besides myself utilizes this effective positioning behind cover? Doesn't work well with all tanks (Super Pershing for one), but I definitely use it for most tanks I would be playing peek a boo with behind buildings.
I have tryed this tactics sometimes, but I dont see that it work safe enough , first of all not many will meet your tank that way, and if they do, my tracks are off before I now it. And becomes an Sitting duck for arty.

But it can, and have worked against lighter/medium/lower Tiar tanks with my tiger.

http://wiki.worldoftanks.eu/Tactics#Other_Tactics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
image.jpg
Google Translate
I am from Norway, Bear with me !! ;-)

http://wotlabs.net/sig_cust/FFFFFF/7070 ... nature.png

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:44 pm

I have used it with some success. I'm a bit shaky (but getting better) at urban battles which is where its been used. I get set up for a peek-a-boo before its over when I get outflanked hit from the rear and cooked. I watch with my mini map and try to stay with a group now and I'm getting better.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Scub

Unread post by Scub » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:25 pm

I have discover an new Tactic. Use the auto aim :lol: didn now about this until now, work pretty well I must say.
Got 4 kills in my first auto aim battle too :lol:
Google Translate

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

I never used auto-aim, mabie thats why I stink at shootin! :Tout:

Naw, I read early on that you should get used to manual-aim asap early in the game because its critical to aim your shots in the higher tiers. So thats what I did. I also got used to using the colors to gauge shot penetration potential. Its especially helpful if your outclassed or using a derp gun on heavies. I can kill KV's with my 10.5cm L28 gun without a problem if I can get on its sides/rear.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Scub

Unread post by Scub » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:04 pm

I find the auto aim nice when I have marked the target where I want to hit, I lock the auto aim, shoot, and then drive on, and the gun is still following the target and I can repeat shooting when driving away and to an other safe spot, and drive by shooting is not easy to hit the right places anyway, but i get some health points out of him ;)
Google Translate

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:15 pm

Yeah auto aim for me is a mixed bag. Unless your gun is far superior to the target armor you might be better off aiming at weak spots. Being able to move and shoot can be nice, but your crew, gun, equipment have to make your aiming circle small enough at any sort of range. About the only tank I definitely use it with is the Chaffee. Occasionally with M7 or any other fast maneuverable tank I can use to circle around enemies, especially heavies or arty.

Try Smooth Ride and a vertical stabilizer with auto aim :egrin:

Scub

Unread post by Scub » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:Yeah auto aim for me is a mixed bag. Unless your gun is far superior to the target armor you might be better off aiming at weak spots. Being able to move and shoot can be nice, but your crew, gun, equipment have to make your aiming circle small enough at any sort of range. About the only tank I definitely use it with is the Chaffee. Occasionally with M7 or any other fast maneuverable tank I can use to circle around enemies, especially heavies or arty.

Try Smooth Ride and a vertical stabilizer
with auto aim :egrin:
Need to get these. yea :egrin:

One another tactics or faster XP collection tactics, is to have good battles survive and on winning team at low Tiar, s
everything goes so fast, and the battle is over before you now it, 4-6 min, collecting 500 ish XPs

On heavy tiars, everything goes so slow, if the teams are pretty ballansed the match last minimum 10-12 min or when the time is out
:D
My wife is safe as the bank, gives 500- 800 every win, with normal preformans high tiar or low, same same
Google Translate

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:38 pm

Its no secret my game stats lately have gone from "really sucks" to "sucks". :lol: Other than my internet connection helping I have tried to take my time with aiming more and not just aim at the rear, rather I aim for specific areas in the rear or where-ever.

One thing I have stopped doing is shooting at turrets. I finally learned to forget the turret and aim for the tank body where most of the modules are located. It was always bouncing off or failing to do any damage, meanwhile my health is near critical because they are getting damage on me.

The other issue I resolved was where to shoot when facing heavy tanks head on. Sometimes you just can't avoid a face to face confrontation and have to slug it out. Again I didn't know where to shoot them to get them to back off when they see inferior tanks and play aggressive. Now I always hit them in the lowest armor plate that curves under the tank and get damage wayyyy more often. If I hit a KV-1 or 2 in the Lower plate near one of the two tow hooks with a gold round it can amount to 50% - 60% health loss. It works on the churchill's too but with less damage per shot. The Sherman series of tank bodies is different and you have to hit them above the lower plate on the sloping armor.

One of the tanks still I have the most trouble with is the Easy Eight. They are so hard to penetrate frontally if you aren't using an 88mm or above. You may as well be throwing rocks at them as use a 10.5cm derp gun. :sickie: Suggestions on killing these?

Aim for vision ports, cupolas and MG nodes when in doubt of where to shoot on an enemy tank. More than 50% of the time they seem to be weak spots and you can get penetration.

I also gave up exposing my position by shooting at those stupid "French Frogs" that inevitability go racing by every freakin game at a 100 mph. The other tanks can worry about them, besides they don't have time to aim let alone calculate the lead. :Tout:

Agree, disagree, comments?
~Gen. G.S. Patton