Info and reference material

Moderators: Scub, Ace of Aces

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Tips & Tricks

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:40 pm

What are yours?
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Re: Tips & Tricks

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Here is a tip I came across for Crew skills. Instead of training a Perk which gives you no benefit until you get to 100%, pick a Skill like Camouflage so you get the benefit of it while you advance and then drop the Skill and pick up the Perk you wanted. Your new Perk won't be 100% unless you want to pay gold but you will be that much closer to getting your perk all while getting a boost from the skill you initially selected.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

pilgrimtone

Unread post by pilgrimtone » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:12 am

A couple of things I have learnt:

When you buy new modules (guns, radio's, engines etc), DO NOT sell the old ones, check the next level tank as they can some times use your new module too, this will save you thousands of credits!

I have just cottoned on to this after spending a fortune out when upgrading my vehicles (some guns can cost over 60,000 credits)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The camouflage skill is based on the ENTIRE crews AVERAGE camouflage ability, so I would suggest this to start;

Commander 1st skill:.......Mentor, helps bring on every other crew members skills
Driver:.........................Camouflage then change to Preventative maintenance to reduce the chance of a fire.
All others bring on the camouflage, if they cannot see you then they will not shoot at you!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vehicle Equipment;
Tank Destroyers & SPGs
Gun Rammer
Camouflage Net
SPGs............ Enhanced Gunlaying Drive
TDs............. Binocular Telescope

Heavy tanks
Gun Rammer
Coated optics
either a Camouflage Net or Enhanced Gun Laying Drive

Medium Tanks
Gun Rammer
Spall Liner (for ramming SPGs :yellowgrin: )
Either a Camouflage Net or Enhanced Gun Laying Drive

Light Tanks
Spall Liner
Toolbox
Enhanced Suspension

These suggestions are tailored to my style of play, my SPGs & TDs never get too close to the enemy if I can help it, I use my light tanks for spotting and attacking artillery only, my mediums try to take quick "hit and run shots" at the heavies, aiming for tracks to slow them down etc.
My Heavies are used like my TDs to start, trying to knock out an advancing enemy, then move in and mix it when they have taken some damage.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:11 am

How do you get camouflage and what do you pay with?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:54 am

Camouflage is a crew skill you can pick when your crew member gets to 100%, you can spend credits to train a crew member to 75% and earn the xp from there. Can also use gold to train to 100%

You can buy a camo net with credits to help until then, click in one of the 3 empty boxes next to the shells when at the main garage screen. Right now all equipment is half off but it ends soon so snag up whatever you can. As Pilgrimtone points out, you can demount some equipment for free and others for gold but many will work on other vehicles in the same class.