Mods, Skins & Other Tools

Info and reference material

Moderators: Scub, Ace of Aces

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Mods, Skins & Other Tools

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:06 am

I found and started using these the other day, there are plenty more to choose from in various places.

In general you copy these files to the following path in the World of Tanks folder: res_mods\0.8.1\gui\flash
Replace 0.8.1 with the current version but mods may need to be updated by the author too if it doesn't work after update. You will have to move the modes to the new version folder and the gui and flash folders won't exist until you create them.

Arcade and Snipe mode sight
There is a black and white as well as color version, unless you read russian you will have to try both sets of files in the two folders.

SPG sight

I have read good things about Adiyas Historical Sight Mods but have not used it.

Have couple others that I can't find the web page to, will post when I find them. There are plenty of options out there so post links if you find good ones.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Re: Mods and Skins

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Aslain's Icon Contour Mod: This mod is awesome, gives you a bunch of information about enemies and teammates across a number of different options. You have to install the mod as well as XVM package but it is pretty easy to do. Hard to find too many continually supported mods but this one keeps rolling.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:07 pm

CircleCross Sight Mod - This is by far my favorite sight mod. Love the simple clean look of it. This has three versions and you would copy the files to the "res_mods/0.8.3/gui/flash" folder.

Locastan Minimap Mod - Excellent map mod, read OP and follow instructions in file. If you don't want a centered large version of map to pop up when you press control it can be turned off in .xml file. Just open it with notepad and read through, the author did a great job explaining how to tweak this mod to your liking.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:00 pm

This isn't a mod persay but I found this software useful in controlling my lag spikes. I have been running WoT through this for a couple of days and so far after 50 or so battles no spikes. You install it and login to WoT through the "Game Razer" and it controls anything working in the background to slow the computer. It doesn't allow auto updates and other processes to run. So far so good! Not sure if it works on a Mac Scub.

http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Re: Mods, Skins & Other Tools

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Excellent find Ober, more than worthy of a topic name change. Would be curious to see a replay now to find out now much that it improves your tracking.

Was just coming to post a new mod I found, well technically I finally looked up a mod I knew existed.

Locastans Command Menu Mod - Looks fully customizeable and it will be nice to change up some of the options to things I frequently would use but can't always type in the heat of battle.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:08 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:Excellent find Ober, more than worthy of a topic name change. Would be curious to see a replay now to find out now much that it improves your tracking.
It lowered aiming lag a bit but what it really did was completely eliminate lag spikes of 400-999 for the 3rd straight day. I could get these in the middle of a battle, they could last a minute or the whole match. It turned playing into reading a comic book frame by frame. Tanks would be in one place one minute and another place a few seconds later.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:31 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:
Ace of Aces wrote:Excellent find Ober, more than worthy of a topic name change. Would be curious to see a replay now to find out now much that it improves your tracking.
It lowered aiming lag a bit but what it really did was completely eliminate lag spikes of 400-999 for the 3rd straight day. I could get these in the middle of a battle, they could last a minute or the whole match. It turned playing into reading a comic book frame by frame. Tanks would be in one place one minute and another place a few seconds later.

:shock: That's insane, knew you had lag but for that long of a duration is crazy.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:36 pm

It appears that there were processes running in the background that would connect to the net and degrade the WoT game speed. The longer it was connected the longer it lagged.
~Gen. G.S. Patton