Wondering if your computer will run WoT?

Info and reference material

Moderators: Scub, Ace of Aces

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Wondering if your computer will run WoT?

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

If your wondering if your computer will run World of Tanks and how well it will run try this site.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Results are sectioned into Minimum, Recommended and Optimal. I found out that my cpu speed failed. I passed all the mininum requirements and many of the recommended requirements for the overall system but the cpu failed me even though it was above the mininum requirements. This seems to be the root of my difficulty zooming without crosshairs becoming jumpy and erratic.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Scub
Location: Norway, where you meet Santa Claus and polar bears on a daily basis

Re: Wondering if you computer will run WoT?

Unread post by Scub » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:06 pm

I lost a bit of sparkle when I can not play on the same site.
WoT: Attention! Your location: Norway. For better performance we recommend you to go to the website of the European region. :cry:

had been fun to met you guys on the battlefield,

darn Aaarrrrgggg. toasted, AARrrrggg ... I am soooo dead ....Dunkelschatten. Dunkelschatten this is 999Ober beware .....there it is a loose tanks out there, his name is scub666. :D
Google Translate
I am from Norway, Bear with me !! ;-)

http://wotlabs.net/sig_cust/FFFFFF/7070 ... nature.png

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: Wondering if your computer will run WoT?

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:11 pm

You can play with pilgrimtone. :D Then all you have to do is get RvM, OstubafEgon and Sismis and your good to go.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Scub
Location: Norway, where you meet Santa Claus and polar bears on a daily basis

Unread post by Scub » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:51 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:You can play with pilgrimtone. :D Then all you have to do is get RvM, OstubafEgon and Sismis and your good to go.
Yee I now. Little daydreaming there, anyway the dude thats gonna be toasted it for sure ME. :lol:

I probably start downloading next week. And I'll take it from there.
Have a bad feeling about Pilgrimtone, the youth learn pretty fast, and they show no mercy :crusader: :Pray:
Google Translate
I am from Norway, Bear with me !! ;-)

http://wotlabs.net/sig_cust/FFFFFF/7070 ... nature.png

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:27 pm

He's gotta nice array of tanks and would make wrecks of all three of our tanks in a 3 on 1 match!

So is a new computer on the Christmas list now ober? :D

You could try to up your virtual memory to the maximum. This could help if you don't have a lot of RAM (At least 4gb). I have mine at 6gb and I think it was 3gb before I changed it. I think it helped but hard to say.

I am running WoT at low settings with:
2Ghz Core 2 Duo CPU
Just an average GPU (Radeon HD 4650)
4gb of Ram

I have already planted the seed of building a new media PC for the living room and watered the hell out of it, hopefully the seed didn't wash away. I have been thinking about building a dedicated PC for our main TV but now I REALLY want to build one. The difference in quality is amazing if your start looking at gameplay vids on youtube or screenshots some folks post compared to the preset low settings in game.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:54 pm

Mine came back:

CPU - 2.5 GHz, min-2.2 GHz
RAM - 5.9 GB, min -2 GB
OS - Windows 7, min-Windows 2000
Video - Intel(R) HD Graphics (x2 all requirements)
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:53 am

Graphics card could be the problem, is it onboard graphics or dedicated card? Onboards are pretty lackluster and even an inexpensive current PCIe card would improve things. Closing unused programs running in the background also something I have to do when I restart my PC.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:22 pm

I ran some clean-up software and tidied up the system and boosted my sniping graphics to a better level. Its not 100% but its good enough to start getting a higher noticeable number of kills.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:40 pm

I just ran my computer through the site again and it failed. :cry: Before it was halfway between min and req when I started playing but after 3-4 patches now it fails. The graphics demands increase with every patch and another patch and I will likely have to quit playing because my CPU won't be able to do the job. I started getting 999 lags immediately after 8.5 and my stats started plummeting downward. I can't afford a new computer specifically for gaming so the outlook is bleak.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:22 pm

I am sorry to hear that Ober, it would be nice if they continually optimized things each patch so performance requirements stayed the same. Nothing on the game has really changed, still the same tanks, physics, maps, etc. I realize they have improved models of tanks and maps so I guess this is where the changes are???

When I tried my laptop while on vacation I had horrible lag and I assumed it was the hotel internet but now think I was experiencing the same as you are.