Tier dispersion

Info and reference material

Moderators: Scub, Ace of Aces

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Tier dispersion

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:49 pm

When the server matches you up there is a specific pattern to the selected groups you will play with.

Ace Edit: Here is a spreadsheet chart for battle tiers current to 8.5. The second tab you can use to select a specific tank which will reveal all the tanks in the same battle tier (makes battle tier numbers visible).
Attachments
tier dispersion.png
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Re: Tier dispersion

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:51 pm

Somebody has been perusing the battle mechanics page!
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:11 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:Somebody has been perusing the battle mechanics page!
Memorized it word-for-word. :ugeek:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Scub
Location: Norway, where you meet Santa Claus and polar bears on a daily basis

Unread post by Scub » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:52 pm

Good info you shared, these are nice to now in and before getting the tank :-)
Google Translate
I am from Norway, Bear with me !! ;-)

http://wotlabs.net/sig_cust/FFFFFF/7070 ... nature.png

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:06 pm

With my Tiger I, I discovered that with the short barrelled 88 I got into more matches where I was in the upper part of the team. With the long barrelled 88 mounted I tended to get cast as a scout or lower in the team roster making my opponents almost impossible to damage.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:38 am

I wondered if the modules you have impacts match making but I don't think it does...but have not tried to find out. Does the battle mechanics page mention this?

I seem to bounce all over different tiers in my Tiger with long 88 but some stretches put me in the bottom more than others. I assume this is because there aren't enough higher battle tier tanks during that period but who knows.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:28 am

Thats how it seems anyway, who knows if its true.

I was Playing my VK last month in a match where I was in the scouting roll towards the bottom of the team roster and the server put in a Tier I Ltractor. What a riot, he tried to scout and every once in a while you would see him lumber by. Everyone was joking around, it was funny. Toward the end of the match he got killed and on the chat window you saw all the "Nooooooooooooooo's" and "RIP little Ltractor". :lol:
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:13 pm

:lol: Poor guy didn't know what he was getting himself into platooning with his buddy!

Scub
Location: Norway, where you meet Santa Claus and polar bears on a daily basis

Unread post by Scub » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:44 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Thats how it seems anyway, who knows if its true.

I was Playing my VK last month in a match where I was in the scouting roll towards the bottom of the team roster and the server put in a Tier I Ltractor. What a riot, he tried to scout and every once in a while you would see him lumber by. Everyone was joking around, it was funny. Toward the end of the match he got killed and on the chat window you saw all the "Nooooooooooooooo's" and "RIP little Ltractor". :lol:
Ace of Aces wrote::lol: Poor guy didn't know what he was getting himself into platooning with his buddy!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha good one :lol: :lol: :lol:
Google Translate
I am from Norway, Bear with me !! ;-)

http://wotlabs.net/sig_cust/FFFFFF/7070 ... nature.png

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:45 am

Added a battle tier spreadsheet I made for tanks current to 8.5.