Historic Battlefront warehouse setting- underconstruction

discuss minis painting and modeling with our resident modeler.

Moderators: Locozugmeister, dano903

dano903
The King
The King

Re: Historic Battlefront warehouse setting- underconstructi

Unread post by dano903 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:52 am

I need to sleep and think about this a bit more. I'll have all weekend to work this out. I have more boats in the works. catch you later

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:08 am

I wasn't able to sleep...I came up with this before I made it to bed...

folks... this is a vinyl W@S enlarged map. I'm selling them at a flea market for a friend in Hawaii. The idea was to enlarge the HBF Factory with a river crossing. I don't have the whole map set-up, but imagine if you will...

the whole map is set with the 3D pieces. the brown on the short side of the map is a dock area. The brown section runs short end to short end and "covers up" the decorative print on the map. The boats move in inches (or centimeters for the guys in Canada). the dock area will be filled in with 2" hexes, and decorated like a dock. The Russians roll across the water, land at the dock and provide reinforcements! the brown piece is the first cut out, so I would have to clean it up and come up with a few more pieces of factory/dock pieces. I think I have a few ideas for that. With the dock piece in place, I think it gives a better transition to the water.

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:11 am

the W@S map is pretty dark, but it's vinyl, and will last. it's about 3" wider than the HBF map as pictured. Now I need to sleep!

questions, comments, suggestions?

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:53 pm

2" hexes!! these will be used for more terrain making, and 2" river hexes.

Entek

Unread post by Entek » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:13 pm

you've got a real mountain of hexes there... or is it a plateau...?
Thank you Rebel!

Centurion

Unread post by Centurion » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:34 am

dano903 wrote:I wasn't able to sleep...I came up with this before I made it to bed...

folks... this is a vinyl W@S enlarged map. I'm selling them at a flea market for a friend in Hawaii. The idea was to enlarge the HBF Factory with a river crossing. I don't have the whole map set-up, but imagine if you will...

the whole map is set with the 3D pieces. the brown on the short side of the map is a dock area. The brown section runs short end to short end and "covers up" the decorative print on the map. The boats move in inches (or centimeters for the guys in Canada). the dock area will be filled in with 2" hexes, and decorated like a dock. The Russians roll across the water, land at the dock and provide reinforcements! the brown piece is the first cut out, so I would have to clean it up and come up with a few more pieces of factory/dock pieces. I think I have a few ideas for that. With the dock piece in place, I think it gives a better transition to the water.

I can hear the Russkis now "Roll, roll your boat gently down the stream merrily merrily merrily life is but dream" *whooosh* "Incoming mortar! This is no dream its a nightmare on the Volga" Dano, be nice to your Russians, don't them cross the river, let Americans do that, they'll use a bridge, though it'll take em' forever to capture it. Nijmagen proved that.
A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end. George S. Patton

Nissan lover and Ace of Base fan
A.K.A.: Centurion24

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:17 am

I need to bump this too.

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:06 am

the next set... WiP. the Objective markers are completed. I've added some of the styrene brick to some of the walls. The crane, and some other larger pieces will be included. This set will include the regular pillars, more walls, destroyed walls, tugs, barges, and a few extra things... oh, and one copy of a MINT condition Factory map...MINT! this set should be going to PA. Did I mention the factory map is in MINT condition?

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:07 am

the crane rotates too...on the MINT condition map. MINT I tell you...MINT!

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:49 am

I'm trying to create an upper level at the dock area, and add a dock area for the entrance. more to follow...need to sleep.