Russian Bronekater and Poluglisser boats

discuss minis painting and modeling with our resident modeler.

Moderators: Locozugmeister, dano903

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Russian Bronekater and Poluglisser boats

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:46 pm

:bowty: This is a project which started as a conversation with Dano about Russian river patrol boats on the Volga river and else where. I started tinkering with some Balsawood and some left over plastic model parts. I made a couple models and sent them to Dano. Dano in turn made molds and cast them in Hydrostone. These are the first rough molds he made. I added the gun turrets and a few other details after Dano sent the castings back to me. All in all, I think they came out very well for an off the wall idea. The Bronekater was a larger river patrol boat and the Poluglisser was a smaller motorboat. I have a Russian towboat and Barge in the works and an American PT boat. I'll post them later as I them finished.

Bronekater with T26 turret and 2 MGs
100_4064.JPG
Poluglisser small patrol boat.
100_4061.JPG
100_4062.JPG

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: Russian Bronekater and Poluglisser boats

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:36 pm

They look pretty good. You must have a scenario in mind?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:02 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:36 pm
They look pretty good. You must have a scenario in mind?
:bowty: Thank you Herr Ober. No new scenario right now but, these will be added to the Stalingrad scenario when we play it again in the future.

P.S. - Under no circumstances is Gunther to be allowed to operate these boats. You know what happened last time he tried his hand at sailing.
Screen-Shot-2016-04-04-at-16_18_51.png

Gunther
Location: Hasslehoff; Ober's bumbling Kubelwagen driver. Adolph's nephew and the Undergrounds Village Idiot.

Unread post by Gunther » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:11 am

Easy now, that has Dano written all over it. As I recall someone from Iowa asked him to make an Oil Refinery between Quarters of the Fuhrer Bowl........and well its all history now. Boy was Uncle A mad!
Dano's folly.jpg
A Sherman tank could knock out 5 Kubelwagens, but the Germans always had 6.
~Monty

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:17 am

How the hell did Gunther get 91 posts. I thought I cut the cable to the Kubelnet.....don't tell me the kubelwagon has WiFi. :gersol:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:19 pm

You need to check into that Herr Ober. I believe he's tapping into your Wi-Fi from the motor pool.