Glue

discuss minis painting and modeling with our resident modeler.

Moderators: Locozugmeister, dano903

redskullz

Re: Glue

Unread post by redskullz » Wed May 02, 2012 5:15 am

KennyJman wrote:Ha Ha Ha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does anyone else find humorous and extremely ironic that the "Glue" thread got posted as a "Sticky"???

haha yeah! The one thing i find about using different glues is the more you smell them, the more you want to stick around. :) (couldn't resist!)

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Wed May 02, 2012 2:08 pm

redskullz wrote:
KennyJman wrote:Ha Ha Ha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does anyone else find humorous and extremely ironic that the "Glue" thread got posted as a "Sticky"???

haha yeah! The one thing i find about using different glues is the more you smell them, the more you want to stick around. :) (couldn't resist!)
No question , its a very sticky situation. :sickie:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:22 pm

It's a male bonding thing, and fingers too.

redskullz

Unread post by redskullz » Wed May 02, 2012 5:38 pm

Main reason i don't like to use crazy glue...i have glued my thumb and first finger together all tooooooo many times. Lost alot o' skin!

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Has anyone tried the glue in these containers? There are two side panels attached to a pump so you can squeeze out just the right amount everytime. It worked so good I bought a second with gel glue. :D
IMG_3668.JPG
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:35 pm

I haven't used those. I'm stuck with what I have, and haven't tried to move away from what works.

p.s. what did you use on your russian infantry? they look a little grainy.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:57 pm

dano903 wrote: p.s. what did you use on your russian infantry? they look a little grainy.
I'm not sure what happened. I primed them in the heat (85 degrees) the other day and they were left with a powdery feel and texture. Ive used the primer before so its OK so it must of been the heat that dried it too quickly.The M32 towing the T34 also has the same texture. I dunno!

PS - You missed the M32 didn't ya Dano. Tisk-tisk-tisk :lol:
~Gen. G.S. Patton

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:09 pm

lol I sw that...didn't know what it was. some sort of sherman recovery vehicle? those are the FoW infantry???

can't wait to see those!

package in the mail to LOCO. he'll include his items to you and mail from there.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:08 pm

Here's the Commisar Bl blister I completed this week. I'm starting to get the hang of the soldiers but its still going to require some practice.
IMG_3669.JPG
IMG_3671.JPG
~Gen. G.S. Patton

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:03 pm

they look great. from here, you would normally mount them on stands, sm, med, or large. the officers on three pieces on a sm stand. the MG team is 2-3 on a med stand, and the rest of the infantry is either 4 or 5 per stand on a med. base. you may have other plans for these and I understand that. this set looks like an older one. I see the star of russia on one of the bases, and I don't think they shot infantry in the late war setting, but I could be wrong, again.

for the faces...either throw a wash on them, OR!!! dry brush a little flesh tone across the cheeks and nose. however, they look good as is. samples in the new winter plate topic