Glue

discuss minis painting and modeling with our resident modeler.

Moderators: Locozugmeister, dano903

Audacity

Re: Glue

Unread post by Audacity » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:37 pm

What are the best adhesives for

metals to metals

resins to resins

and

resins to metals?

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:02 pm

Audacity wrote:What are the best adhesives for

metals to metals

resins to resins

and

resins to metals?
I use a gel super glue to assemble my minis. I did try JB Weld on metal minis but it was too much trouble and to smelly. Be sure to wash them well to remove the release agents from molding before gluing together.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:39 pm

I.ve been lightly Sanding my resin hills etc. for the flocking. along with the turrets. Not 100% proven method yet

Pletch

Unread post by Pletch » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:28 pm

I have trouble with my bottles eventually clogging the tip and wasting part of the product in the bottle. For my latest bottle of CA*, I have been extremely diligent with cleaning the tip and swabbing out the applicator tip with a paper clip. This still wasn't enough and at one point I resorted to using my little pinning drill to open it up again. :Tout: What tips do you have to keep the tips open long enough to use most if not all of the glue inside?

*for those unfamiliar with it, CA = cyanoacrylate - a super glue
"Grammar is very important the the Nazi Party." - Grammar Nazis
:lol:

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:31 am

Pletch wrote:I have trouble with my bottles eventually clogging the tip and wasting part of the product in the bottle. For my latest bottle of CA*, I have been extremely diligent with cleaning the tip and swabbing out the applicator tip with a paper clip. This still wasn't enough and at one point I resorted to using my little pinning drill to open it up again. :Tout: What tips do you have to keep the tips open long enough to use most if not all of the glue inside?

*for those unfamiliar with it, CA = cyanoacrylate - a super glue
Throw away the cap and insert a push pin to close the container and your good.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton