Bolt Action figures

Moderators: Locozugmeister, dano903

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Bolt Action figures

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:59 am

:bowty: Well, at the Maze-con here in Waterloo last June Audacity showed me some of his Russian Bolt Action figures and I decided to build a small force and learn the game. Here is the first of 30 early war Germans figures I plan to do.
100_3451.JPG
100_3453.JPG

Audacity

Re: Bolt Action figures

Unread post by Audacity » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:56 pm

I love the details that a guy of your talent can create in this scale. I look forward to bringing my Soviets to a fight with your Germans!

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:50 pm

Very Nice Loco-------

It seems that bolt action is the next hot WWII game.

I stopped building 1/72 models years ago because the pricing was increasing too much. That was back when the models were starting to get into the $6-$10 range. Now the cheap ones are $10 and range into $40-$50. There is some nice detailing available but you can spend a fortune. That’s one of the reasons I started building the 15mm as they are less than $5 for most of them – and another reason why I stay away from battlefront about $15 range /model (unless your like dano and hit the right flea market). Also the challenge of making a small model look good is fun. Yes 1/72 (28mm) has a lot of variety and detail which has something to say in itself - part of why I started with them years ago. Big armies for little cost and detailed pretty well. Also – it’s easier to add detail -- But for me -- Money is a concern and a consideration.

At the cost of bolt action – is there any reason 15mm models couldn’t be used in the Bolt Action game? – but - one of the reasons I think AAM died a little at the 15mm change – instead of attracting 15mm gamers it led to 15mm models substituted for AAM units lowering demand – Seems inevitable though.

What about the gaming system – is it as much fun as AAM?
How about the complexity aspect, is it simple like AAM or?

Obviously - I haven't done any research on this!

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:54 pm

:bowty: I haven't purchased a Bolt Action rule book yet pfclt but, I plan on doing that soon. I was intreged by the game when I looked at Audacity's Russian figures and being a 1/35th scale figure painter I thought this would be a fun challange. I'm still not quitting my regular work. I have a few 15mm German halftracks and some other suprises on the work bench to be posted soon. Here's a few more from my first squad. I'm not going to get as heavely involved in Bolt Action as I have in AAM. Just enough to play a fun game.
100_3454.JPG
100_3463.JPG
100_3461.JPG
100_3464.JPG

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:37 am

Locozugmeister wrote::bowty: I haven't purchased a Bolt Action rule book yet pfclt but, I plan on doing that soon. I was intreged by the game when I looked at Audacity's Russian figures and being a 1/35th scale figure painter I thought this would be a fun challange. I'm still not quitting my regular work. I have a few 15mm German halftracks and some other suprises on the work bench to be posted soon. Here's a few more from my first squad. I'm not going to get as heavely involved in Bolt Action as I have in AAM. Just enough to play a fun game.
Yeah - it didn't seem like you were going to get heavily engaged - but bolt action does seem to be taking up a lot of space in the gaming store and there is that intrigue - also -- the detail as you have shown here is "really nice" - reflection of the fun? Let us know what you think of the game after you've tried it out.

And -- Look forward to those surprises!

Audacity

Unread post by Audacity » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:39 am

I still like playing AAM a lot and I am traveling to Fall-In in Lancaster PA to game AAM. That said, I play a lot of BA these days.

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:48 am

:bowty: Here's the latest addition to get finished for Dano. This is the Bolt Action 28mm Cromwell. This is an all plastic model. This kit is made by Italeri models and was very easy to complete. Assembly was about an hour total. I painted, decaled, blackwashed and, lightly drybrushed this for the final result.
100_3538.JPG
100_3539.JPG

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:44 am

:bowty: Hey Dano, the next 3 figures in your "Figures of the month or so, give or take a few weeks" club are going to be shipped early next week or so, give or take a few days. Thanks for being a patient member.
100_3550.JPG

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:32 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! EVERYTHING IS SPOT ON EXCELLENT!

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:43 am

wow just
WOW!