GF9 Tanks Army Builder

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

GF9 Tanks Army Builder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:39 pm

Sismis helped us out by making us an army builder for the Tanks game, its attached to the card database site so it didn't cost anything to add. I seems to work great, give it a try and post here how it worked for you. Once you select a Tank, click the EDIT button to attach crew/upgrade cards. You can print your builds and it should be phone friendly.

I just got done ordering a starter set on ebay for Sismis so in a few weeks he will be playing too. :D

http://tanks.aamcardbase.com/
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

pfclt

Re: GF9 Tanks Army Builder

Unread post by pfclt » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Didn't check extensively - I only dropped the menus down and made a couple changes. The only thing I noticed was on the Tanks/country drop down menu. It doesn't close the country back down when I click on the up arrow. Its not a complicated or extensive database -- so it really doesn't matter that much, but thought I'd make a note of it.

Also in your post, the link isn't linked as it is in the "EDIT: Tanks by Gale force nine tanks" thread. Another unimportant thing - just a note.

Looks like it could be a lot of the game play could depend on the upgrade choices and how many can be added in any game. I haven't made any commitment to the game as it looks like it could get a bit expensive. I did watch a couple videos and I see the Beer and Pretzel part but just haven't convinced myself to jump in. We'll see - I'll stay tuned.................

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:23 pm

Its actually not expensive to get into...really! Thats why we gave it a try, we needed another game like we need holes in our heads. The starter set has everything you would ever need to play this game. Any expansion units cards are available to screen shot on the GF9 site and print out. We already had all the tanks with the exception of the SU-100 which could be easily proxied. It would be around $40 including shipping for you to buy in and an 8 year old can learn it very easily. Not saying you have the mentality of an 8 year old but your grand kids would pick it up with ease.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:48 am

:bowty: It's a fun quick game pfclt. The rules are not hard and a game can be played in under an hour. This would be right up your ally sir. The Tank game starter set is $24.99 and has everything you need to start playing including a Panther and 2 Sherman. The other available tank expansions are $9.99 each and it will give you some of the pleasures your accustom to. Building and painting models. I think Ober's right, your Grand kids would have fun playing this game with Grandpa.

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:13 pm

OK you guys talked me into it. I bought it for 22.49 on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201900766914?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:34 am

pfclt wrote:OK you guys talked me into it. I bought it for 22.49 on ebay.

That is a good deal on the starter. Glad you bought in, you won't regret it, especially when it gives you some minis to build.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:56 am

pfclt wrote:OK you guys talked me into it. I bought it for 22.49 on ebay.

Welcome aboard pfclt. You'll like it and so will the Grand kids.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu May 04, 2017 2:03 pm

So I had a conversation with the chief designer at GF9 games. He told me that they liked the Platoon builder and gave us their approval and any support if we need it. I thought that was very nice considering they didn't really have to say anything. They sure know a thing or two about good PR.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Fri May 05, 2017 10:04 pm

Are we doing something with the army builder here. I went to browse and it didn't come up right. The page was not right and nothing would happen when I clicked on it.

sismis

Unread post by sismis » Fri May 05, 2017 11:02 pm

pfclt wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 10:04 pm
Are we doing something with the army builder here. I went to browse and it didn't come up right. The page was not right and nothing would happen when I clicked on it.
We have fonky datetime, it's exactly midnight here at my place and you guys should have May sixth in few hours :D

I was doing on it most of the day so you might came at the wrong time :D
I do work on other page and when done, changes are translated to public version. It's usually short time, done within few minutes.
If it doesn't work wait a minute and refresh the page..