"The last battle" Battle for Castle Itter

Post your scenarios and battle reports here.
Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Re: "The last battle" Battle for Castle Itter

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:39 pm

:bowty: Here's the custom cards that you'll need Panzer Commander.
Pak 43.png
HMG.jpg
SdKfz 251-9 Stummel.jpg
SdKfz 251-9 Stummel.jpg (173.72 KiB) Viewed 1056 times
MP-40.jpg
MP-40.jpg (162.55 KiB) Viewed 1056 times

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:03 am

If anyone is interested in a castle...I can make some more. the supply cost and shipping is about $35 shipped to the US, $45 to Canada, and about $60 to Europe. I don't have the cash to buy the tiles at the moment, but when I do, I can make a batch of castles. I hope to have some for Iowa 2014.

the set includes the river hexes, castle, and a bridge similar to Loco's pixs. It's been play tested with the Iowa group, and they can answer any questions for you.

if you have another idea...let me.

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:59 am

dano903 wrote:If anyone is interested in a castle...I can make some more. the supply cost and shipping is about $35 shipped to the US, $45 to Canada, and about $60 to Europe. I don't have the cash to buy the tiles at the moment, but when I do, I can make a batch of castles. I hope to have some for Iowa 2014.

the set includes the river hexes, castle, and a bridge similar to Loco's pixs. It's been play tested with the Iowa group, and they can answer any questions for you.

if you have another idea...let me.
you guys make me look smarter than I really am! I have an idea!!! give me a few days..

a special thanks to Panzer Commander for the idea!!!

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:13 pm

thanks to Panzer Commander's suggestion...this is the new castle Itter...WiP. The NEW castle will come in FOUR pieces!!! there will be no base. You simply place it over your favorite map, and configure the four walls how you would like them. This does several things...1) it saves on shipping cost!!!! 2) it saves on construction cost, and 3) it gives you options for other scenarios. Now, PC really kind of suggested this, but when he said something about using the 'hexes', that gave me the idea to go without the base. Once again, when people talk, I try to listen, and his comments gave this great idea to go this route. I still need to complete this, but as you can see, I have a good start.

questions, comments, suggestions???

thanks!

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:24 am

just add paint!

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:13 am

:bowty: Drat!!! I promised to wait till November :roll:

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:23 am

Locozugmeister wrote::bowty: Drat!!! I promised to wait till November :roll:

LOL... this wasn't a "new" project, just an improvement of an existing one. I'm working on the river sections now. My time tonight is... DoMW (Depending on My Wife)

Panzer Commander

Unread post by Panzer Commander » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:00 pm

dano903 wrote:thanks to Panzer Commander's suggestion...this is the new castle Itter...WiP. The NEW castle will come in FOUR pieces!!! there will be no base. You simply place it over your favorite map, and configure the four walls how you would like them. This does several things...1) it saves on shipping cost!!!! 2) it saves on construction cost, and 3) it gives you options for other scenarios. Now, PC really kind of suggested this, but when he said something about using the 'hexes', that gave me the idea to go without the base. Once again, when people talk, I try to listen, and his comments gave this great idea to go this route. I still need to complete this, but as you can see, I have a good start.

questions, comments, suggestions???

thanks!

Looks good, Dano!! I'm not sure what I did to deserve all the praise. I was simply thinking of how I could re-create this without owning the castle. But you are right about one thing - half of the fun is thinking of ways to re-create historically interesting battles. You and Loco do a really nice job in that department!

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:18 pm

LOL. PC... When you mentioned playing with the map only, that gave me the idea without the base. That was my lightbulb moment. Loco throws out ideas, but he's on a dimmer switch. It starts off as a small idea, and gets brighter a little later. :)

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:43 pm