Japanese Scenarios?

Post your scenarios and battle reports here.
curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Japanese Scenarios?

Unread post by curtm1911 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:16 pm

Does anybody know where to look for some of these or has anyone created some? I have added to my Japanese Army, mainly Infantry, Artillery & Anti Tank Guns & only have 2 tanks right now & it needs to be test driven some.

Thanks in advance for any help here.

Mr_Matilda

Re: Japanese Scenarios?

Unread post by Mr_Matilda » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:54 pm

The expanded rule book has a Japan Vs U.K. fight in it.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:13 pm

I don't have any specific scenarios to post but I will give you a few criteria we often use for builds. First of all if you use the jungle maps vehicles have movement restrictions making them less valuable which steers the match towards an infantry battle. Without the jungle maps we restrict allied vehicles to historically used vehicles with a restriction of (2) M4 shermans per army. This prevents the USA from fielding a sherman swarm which can be hard for japan to deal with. This levels the playing field and gives you a chance to use your marines and other US soldiers. Be prepared for Japans 'Bansai charges' they are killer and can be a game changer if effectivly used. Gurkas preform well against the SNLF Fanatics (Swordy guys) and Brens do a good job of removing defensive fire if you play UK.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:02 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:I don't have any specific scenarios to post but I will give you a few criteria we often use for builds. First of all if you use the jungle maps vehicles have movement restrictions making them less valuable which steers the match towards an infantry battle. Without the jungle maps we restrict allied vehicles to historically used vehicles with a restriction of (2) M4 shermans per army. This prevents the USA from fielding a sherman swarm which can be hard for japan to deal with. This levels the playing field and gives you a chance to use your marines and other US soldiers. Be prepared for Japans 'Bansai charges' they are killer and can be a game changer if effectivly used. Gurkas preform well against the SNLF Fanatics (Swordy guys) and Brens do a good job of removing defensive fire if you play UK.

Thanks Ober. I don't have any US Marines, just lotsa M-1 Garands & some Buffalo Soldiers & 3 Rangers. I was already planning on a limit to Shermans as well. I am also considering Stuarts, but the "All Guns Blazing" SA might be be too powerfu;l though. I really want to keep it pretty much Infantry vs Infantry anyway, using UK or USA against the Japanese with maybe Russian Infantry vs Japan also. I hope I can figure some scenarios out for this & if I get some that are fairly balanced & playable, I will post them.

Again, thanks for the advice.

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:01 pm

Here's a short scenario from a series of early war scenarios one of the members of our group worked on. It's been playtested.

Khalkyn-Gol
Scenario #1

Although there had been several minor skirmishes in the past, the battle of Khalkin Gol (also known as the Nomonhan Incident) was sparked when, on 11 May, Mongolian cavalry crossed the river in search of grazing for their horses, but the Manchurians quickly drove them out.

Year: 1939
Attacker: Japan
Defender: Soviet Union
Game length: 3 turns

Map: #15
Soviet
th_zAAMMap15.jpg
th_zAAMMap15.jpg (4.16 KiB) Viewed 1587 times
Japan

Set-up & Initiative:
Soviet player deploys adjacent to the town.
Japanese player does not deploy, instead moves on to map on first turn. Japanese player has initiative on first turn.

Defender forces:
8 x Mongolian Cavalry

Attacker forces:
1 x Imperial Sargeant
5 x Arisaka Rifle
1 x Type 92 Machine Gun
1 x Type 89 Mortar

Victory Conditions:
Soviet player: Must have at least 1 unit adjacent to the town at the end of turn 3.
Japanese Player: Prevent Soviet victory.

Optional:
Both sides may pick their own forces using the following points.
Defender force – 32 points
Attacker force – 40 points

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:50 pm

They still have the old scenarios @ the Wizard site:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/scenarios

With a quick glance I saw Burma and Guadalcanal.