Scenario: Normandy Breakout: Chambois and Hill 262

Post your scenarios and battle reports here.
jtemple507

Scenario: Normandy Breakout: Chambois and Hill 262

Unread post by jtemple507 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:37 pm

This is a scenario using maps 2 and 4 of the Starter set. Make the maps so that Map 4 has the river closest to the town map, it's up to you whether you want to keep the road connected or not. The Germans start out with 2 Veteran Fallschirmjager, 2 Panzer IV Ausf. G, 1 Panther Ausf. A, and 1 MG-34 Machine-Gun Team around the hill. In and around the town they can place 3 Mauser Kar 98K, 1 Panzer IV Ausf. G, 2 Tiger, 1 MG-42 Machine-Gun Team, and 2 Pak 40. The Allies (made up of Polish, British, and US forces) get 2 Sherman VC Firefly, 1 Bren Machine-Gunner, and 2 Polish Mauser around the hill. Around the town they get 2 M4A3 "Easy Eight", 2 M1 Garand, 1 Thompson Gunner, 1 Red Devil Captain, and 4 Bazookas. It's going to be very tough for the Allies, especially around the hill. If the Allied player and the Axis player agree, the Allied player can bring in 2 Hawker Typhoon and the Axis player can bring in 1 Me109, it doesn't matter if the aircraft are from your A20 miniatures or not. EDIT 4/1: Changed Panzer IV Ausf. D to Ausf. G and added a Panther Ausf. A to the hill.
Last edited by jtemple507 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: Scenario: Normandy Breakout: Chambois and Hill 262

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:31 pm

Here's your scenario in a format thats easier to read.
jtemple507 wrote:This is a scenario using maps 2 and 4 of the Starter set. Make the maps so that Map 4 has the river closest to the town map, it's up to you whether you want to keep the road connected or not. The Germans start out with 2 Veteran Fallschirmjager, 2 Panzer IV Ausf. D, and 1 MG-34 Machine-Gun Team around the hill. In and around the town they can place 3 Mauser Kar 98K, 1 Panzer IV Ausf. D, 2 Tiger, 1 MG-42 Machine-Gun Team, and 2 Pak 40. The Allies (made up of Polish, British, and US forces) get 2 Sherman VC Firefly, 1 Bren Machine-Gunner, and 2 Polish Mauser around the hill. Around the town they get 2 M4A3 "Easy Eight", 2 M1 Garand, 1 Thompson Gunner, 1 Red Devil Captain, and 4 Bazookas. It's going to be very tough for the Allies, especially around the hill. If the Allied player and the Axis player agree, the Allied player can bring in 2 Hawker Typhoon and the Axis player can bring in 1 Me109, it doesn't matter if the aircraft are from your A20 miniatures or not.
Normandy Breakout: Chambois and Hill 262

Starter set maps 2 & 4 - Make the maps so that Map 4 has the river closest to the town map, it's up to you whether you want to keep the road connected or not.

Germany
- x2 Veteran Fallschirmjager, x2 Panzer IV Ausf. D, and x1 MG-34 Machine-Gun Team around the hill.
- In and around the town they can place x3 Mauser Kar 98K, x1 Panzer IV Ausf. D, x2 Tiger, x1 MG-42 Machine-Gun Team, and x2 Pak 40.

Allies
- x2 Sherman VC Firefly, x1 Bren Machine-Gunner, and x2 Polish Mauser around the hill.
- Around the town they get x2 M4A3 "Easy Eight", x2 M1 Garand, x1 Thompson Gunner, x1 Red Devil Captain, and x4 Bazookas.

Special Rule
- If the Allied player and the Axis player agree, the Allied player can bring in x2 Hawker Typhoon and the Axis player can bring in x1 Me109.

Number of turns - ?

Victory conditions or objectives - ?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

jtemple507

Unread post by jtemple507 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:43 pm

Oops, sorry. The objectives are the center hex of the town and the hex with the biggest hill. There are 7 turns, just like the beginner scenarios. The Allies win if they either destroy all Axis forces or have captured both objective hexes and held them by the end of the 7th turn. The Axis win in the same way. I would have it set up as you have done, but I have a cheap phone with an enter key that doesn't work like it's supposed to. When I hit it, the cursor thing goes fully out of the text box. Thanks!

RichtervonManthofen

Unread post by RichtervonManthofen » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:30 pm

Panzer IVD ???? - for a late war scenario those are underpowered - if we stick to the official WOTC units there is only teh Elite Pz IVD (the one with crack shot)

I assume you mean the PZ IV ausfG ?

jtemple507

Unread post by jtemple507 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:08 pm

Oh yes, the Panzer IV Ausf. G was what I meant. I was looking in the AAM Database and confused the G with the Elite Ausf. D! :D

Audacity

Unread post by Audacity » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:36 am

Thanks for taking the time to post your scenario. How has it played out for you?