Pacific Theater Scenario Idea

Post your scenarios and battle reports here.
curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Pacific Theater Scenario Idea

Unread post by curtm1911 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:45 pm

Tinkering with a Pacific theater Idea. Any Comments/Thoughts/Howling Laughter is welcomed.

Aerial Recon shows a mass of hills to the west. High Command wants them cleared. Unfortunately, Aerial photos fail to show what is under the trees & hidden in them thar hills....thanks to dano for the trenches. I have statted them like Pillboxes, Cover Terrain & a +1 to cover rolls.

Also my thanks to the Secret Santa of the Forumini for the Japanese Trucks that will be used in this scenario. Working up the builds now, so far I am looking at about 350 pts. of Japanese Banzai Fun!!! I will post the builds when I have them figured out.

Map Configuration:
Charlie 2/upper left corner, name in lower left corner
Able 2/upper right corner, name in lower left corner
Able 1/lower left corner, name in upper right corner
Baker 2/lower right corner, name in upper right corner

3/29/2016: Map Able 1 replaces Dog 2 in lower left corner, pics later

...to be continued
Attachments
Pacific Idea 045.jpg
Pacific Idea 035.jpg
Last edited by curtm1911 on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dano903
The King
The King

Re: Pacific Theater Scenario Idea

Unread post by dano903 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:37 am

nice use of the trenches...let me know how they're holding out.

thanks for the pixs.

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:26 am

I'm still working on this. It will be a compilation of several battles in the PTO & some hypothetical. Japan has Transport units & some captured French vehicles. Dano's trenches & the Caves & Tunnels houserule from Polish Cavalryman on the forumini will also be incorporated into this "A little bit of everything in the PTO". It is also developing into a 2 part scenario.

Stay tuned, it's getting interesting

curtm1911

Unread post by curtm1911 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:30 pm

Quick Update:

The couple playtests so far have shown an imbalance US to Japanese forces. I looked in the Forumini Marketplace & found some brave Sons of Nippon to add to the Japanese Order of Battle. :D

Also, I am making good use of Formations to create both armies. The point savings by doing this allows for some interesting & seldom used units to be included. They might be purchased as Formations but deployment will not be as Formations. It is simply a point saving measure.

Anyway, when the additional forces arrive, more playtesting & then posting this scenario.

to be continued...

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:48 pm

Nothing wrong with formations, we still allow their use.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

curtm1911

Unread post by curtm1911 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:24 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Nothing wrong with formations, we still allow their use.
Most of them not only save points, many include obscure units that rarely if ever see play. I think they add to a player's options & make you think instead of just making Power Builds & crushing everything in sight :D

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:22 pm

curtm1911 wrote:
FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Nothing wrong with formations, we still allow their use.
Most of them not only save points, many include obscure units that rarely if ever see play. I think they add to a player's options & make you think instead of just making Power Builds & crushing everything in sight :D
Agreed :Gberet:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:01 am

:bowty: I know it's been awhile but I had posted our groups "House Platoons". If your interested curt send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll forward them to you.

curtm1911

Unread post by curtm1911 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:23 pm

Here is a Formation from Set II of the formations that has an "Obscure" piece that might never see play, the 75MM Recoilless Rifle. I got 2 of these formations for this scenario :D but not just for this unit

US Assault Detachment:
1x RDC
1x Flamethrower
1x 75MM Recoilless
1x Thompson
1x Jeep
1x M1 Garand
as formation, 24 pts. Seperate 33 pts.

I am also using some Infantry Platoons for the US from the Expanded Rules. Same for Japan with formations from both sets. (a big thanks to Dennis from the forumini for set 2)

curtm1911

Unread post by curtm1911 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:07 pm

Something from the Sons of Nippon:

2x Defending Infantry Formation:
from Set II
Each consists of:
2x Wire
1x Pillbox
1x Sniper
3x Arisaka
1x Type 89 Mortar
1x Type 92 MG