Another Stage of Old

Post any off-topic thread you wish.

Moderator: Scub

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Another Stage of Old

Unread post by curtm1911 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:24 pm

To whoever reads this out of curiosity or whatever reason, the subject pertains to the next stage of old that I will be entering into in January of next year. My daughter & her significant other informed me this past weekend that I will be a Grandparent come January 2014. Approximate due date is the 5th.

I will update this post as needed to keep you, my friends in cyberspace who I have never met but consider friends indeed, informed about this new stage in life for me & my family & y'all, my friends as well.

dano903
The King
The King

Re: Another Stage of Old

Unread post by dano903 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:28 pm

Wonderful news! Please keep us posted!!!

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Thats great news Curt, another potential wargamer for you to recruit. :D

I will share my parents outlook on grand parenting with you. When my wife and I had our daughters many years ago I asked my mother if she would be tough on them like she was with myself and brother and sister. She said heck no, we were too busy working and providing for you kids to enjoy you kids the way parents should. Now that I am retired and have time and money I will make up for what I couldn't do then with my own grand kids. So needless to say spoiling them was the order of the day.

Enjoy spoiling your grand child.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

RichtervonManthofen

Unread post by RichtervonManthofen » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:28 am

Congratualtions to your (extended) family.

Having kids is ... great - and having "greatkids" is even greater :D :party:

Audacity

Unread post by Audacity » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:58 am

As the bumper sticker read - If I had known having Grandchildren was so much fun, I would have had them first

And old is mostly a state of mind!

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:07 am

:bowty: Congradulations Curt! :D I have an 8 month old Grandaughter (my first) and you will soon find out that they become the center of your universe. Enjoy the time friend, there's nothing like it.

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:26 pm

Congratulations and it is all good ----

I have seven grand children and it is one of the more enjoyable things in a traditional life as others are reflecting here. I tend to always be in education mode - building a model, kicking a soccer ball (football for the rest of the world) - to what is right and wrong - but with grand kids, an aloofness came that makes it fun - not to mention hearing your own kids repeat the oft repeated lessons. A smile breaks out all the time.

Old:
When I was a young man of thirty old by the standards of 20 and certainly ancient to teenagers, I thought and always had thought of 60 as old and gray. I am now 60, thirty (edit - twenty) years shy of 80 and thinking I'm not so bad off. And when I get to be 80 --- 100 will be 20 years away. As Audacity said:
Audacity wrote: old is mostly a state of mind!

It is certainly there but I try to ignore it..............

Enjoy!!

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:26 pm

I just call old, the "O" word & leave it at that........Thanks for all your good wishes too, I'm looking forward to it as much as my daughter & her guy are. His folks are pretty jazzed as well.......a Win/Win for everybody!!!

curtm1911

Unread post by curtm1911 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:29 pm

Well, we didn't get Thee New Years Baby but we did get a wondeful little Girl on New Years Day @ 8:13/2013hrs.......both girls are doing well & WOOHOOO!!! Going to visit them later today. I Am Officially OLD now........lol

carrion

Unread post by carrion » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:33 pm

Congrats.