View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:38 pm

Denis Courcy's Blog     Danaussie's WaS Forum     aarules Scenario Site     Joebunda's AAM resource site     SgtFury's Rules Q & A Site     AAM Database     Cornerstone Games     Forumini 

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Another Stage of Old 
The King
The King

thanks for the pixs! that never gets old seeing those types of pixs.

Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:33 am
The King
The King

another sign of getting old(ER)...

I tipped over on my motorcycle...with me on it! In the driveway!!! I was actual stuck under the bike for a bit. I ended up with a sore left leg (Charlie horse), and a fractured pride. One of those will heal...I don't know about both of them.

in an unrelated story...I have a 2002 Honda Sabre 1100cc for sale! :) minor scratches

Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:36 am
The King
The King

my life flashed in front of me while I was laying in the driveway stuck between a cement rock and my hard bike! As I laid there wondering how I'll ever get out, I quickly removed my helmet, and gloves! I cried out... "a little HELP please!", knowing the neighbors were just across the street, but slightly out of reach of my cry for help. My left leg was pinned, and was feeling the weight on the 500 lb. bike poised a top of my failing body's life. After my first attempt to cry for help, I thought I could tap on the van's window with a key to set the car alarm off! I was able to peck at the passenger side window, but for one dang reason...this was the only time the alarm WOULDN'T go off! focusing to my immovable leg, I realized any sudden movement of the bike may tilt the entire weight of the bike to my leg. There was ONE foot pedal between me, the cement, and the 500 lb. of dead fury weight that kept the blood flowing to my leg.

More voices from across the street gave me hope that someone would hear another call for help! "A little HELP...PLEASE!!" as my desperation grew, and again, no relief from the cold iron horse I once called Sally. One last call and it was finally answered by TWO of my neighbors! They quickly sprung into action removing the bike from me. I was able to regain my consciousness, and force myself from the cold driveway I once called my L.O.D...Location of Death!

As I reflect back to that moment of seeing the light, and regaining my upright position, I remembered the idea I had for a new terrain piece from the cracked cement, a slightly oil leak from the van, my family, and all of the unfinished projects I could have left behind, but not In that order.

once again, I live another day by God's grace. Once again, I'm able to see my family, and once again, I'm able to attempt to finish some projects!

thank you for your time!

disclaimer...this is mostly true! Sally is not the name of my bike, and there was no oil leak. I never lost too much consciousness...everything else is true :)

Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:23 am
Founder
Founder

Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
dano903 wrote:
my life flashed in front of me while I was laying in the driveway stuck between a cement rock and my hard bike! As I laid there wondering how I'll ever get out, I quickly removed my helmet, and gloves! I cried out... "a little HELP please!", knowing the neighbors were just across the street, but slightly out of reach of my cry for help. My left leg was pinned, and was feeling the weight on the 500 lb. bike poised a top of my failing body's life. After my first attempt to cry for help, I thought I could tap on the van's window with a key to set the car alarm off! I was able to peck at the passenger side window, but for one dang reason...this was the only time the alarm WOULDN'T go off! focusing to my immovable leg, I realized any sudden movement of the bike may tilt the entire weight of the bike to my leg. There was ONE foot pedal between me, the cement, and the 500 lb. of dead fury weight that kept the blood flowing to my leg.

More voices from across the street gave me hope that someone would hear another call for help! "A little HELP...PLEASE!!" as my desperation grew, and again, no relief from the cold iron horse I once called Sally. One last call and it was finally answered by TWO of my neighbors! They quickly sprung into action removing the bike from me. I was able to regain my consciousness, and force myself from the cold driveway I once called my L.O.D...Location of Death!

As I reflect back to that moment of seeing the light, and regaining my upright position, I remembered the idea I had for a new terrain piece from the cracked cement, a slightly oil leak from the van, my family, and all of the unfinished projects I could have left behind, but not In that order.

once again, I live another day by God's grace. Once again, I'm able to see my family, and once again, I'm able to attempt to finish some projects!

thank you for your time!

disclaimer...this is mostly true! Sally is not the name of my bike, and there was no oil leak. I never lost too much consciousness...everything else is true :)

Its good to hear you got a leg-up on the motorcycle problem. I would hate to see you have to go to the boot-legger to drown your sorrows in alcohol. If that had been me, I wouldn't of had a leg to stand on. Anyways I hope your on your last leg of your motorcycle saga and everything turns out the way you kneed.

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
The King
The King

thanks Ober...I'm feeling more pain! :)

Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:59 pm
The King
The King

You know you're getting older when ....you get a hair cut and ask if the sideburns are even and the reply is...they're even
You just have more GRay on one side. It was my age appropriate eye sight failing :)

Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:20 pm
Founder
Founder

Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
dano903 wrote:
You know you're getting older when ....you get a hair cut and ask if the sideburns are even and the reply is...they're even
You just have more GRay on one side. It was my age appropriate eye sight failing :)

For the last 5+ years I've worn reading glasses, drug them around in my pocket, put them on and took them off a 100 times a day. Here a couple of months ago I succumbed to old age and got a pair of progressive bi-focals and started wearing glasses everyday 24/7. Now thats a stage of old :cool:

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:07 pm
Profile WWW

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:
dano903 wrote:

For the last 5+ years I've worn reading glasses, drug them around in my pocket, put them on and took them off a 100 times a day. Here a couple of months ago I succumbed to old age and got a pair of progressive bi-focals and started wearing glasses everyday 24/7. Now thats a stage of old :cool:

I must have been old twenty five years ago................. What am I now?

Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:52 pm

You know your getting old when the occasional nap becomes a daily unplanned event!

Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4