View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:39 am


Denis Courcy's Blog     Danaussie's WaS Forum     aarules Scenario Site     Joebunda's AAM resource site     SgtFury's Rules Q & A Site     AAM Database     Cornerstone Games     Forumini 




Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 game store raid! 
Author Message
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:40 pm
Posts: 118
Hey guys! I think I've officially gotten away with murder!

last night I went to my local game store Gatehouse Games to see if I could get my hands on some new AAM stuff, I went in their to ask Tim the owner if he had any AAM, sadly he said no whatever he had was in the discount bin, he didn't have anybody playing Axis and Allies so he basically took them off the shelf and put it in the discount bin. after spending five minutes rummaging through endless 40K cards I gave up and went to go buy some flames of war instead ( I bought the Ernst Barkmann box for my cobra book ). well I went back out to the car where my mom and brother who also wargames were waiting for me, my brother decided he wanted to go it (any excuse to go to the game store!) we went in and my brother got a box of flames of war T-34's I turned around and like a ray of sunshine a box of AAM stuff I asked the owner what the price was for it and he gave it to me for free!!!!!!! all around great night!

I got:
Panzer IV ausf G
MG42
SS haupsturmfurher
Pak 38 AT gun
Mauser K98
Type 95 Ha GO
Bazooka
M1 Garand rifle
"Red Devil" Captain
(My first) M4 Sherman
Vickers MG team
6 pounder AT gun

(plus maps booklets ect)


Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:21 pm
Profile
Member
Member

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:55 pm
Posts: 359
Nice find. I love the unexpected deals that poking around shops and the internet often produce.


Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:02 pm
Profile
Member
Member

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:42 pm
Posts: 828
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words
Ahh yes, sometimes it is better to be lucky than good....lol...congrats on the additions. When I receive my auction lot, let me inventory my collection, I might have some things you can use. If you could post here or PM me with a list of wants/desires, I'll see what I got that I can part with. I know I do have have some stuff I can let go to a good home.


Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:46 pm
Profile
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:40 pm
Posts: 118
Gee thanks curtm!!!!!!

here's some stuff I'd like/ need

Germans
I need one more mauser K98 to have a complete infantry platoon
2 panzer grenadiers and a sdkfz 250 for a SS panzer grenadier pltn.

US
any US piece ya have I can use as my US army is really small

British
Same as US any british pieces

THANKS!!!


Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:24 pm
Profile
Member
Member

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:42 pm
Posts: 828
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words
george s. rommel wrote:
Gee thanks curtm!!!!!!

here's some stuff I'd like/ need

Germans
I need one more mauser K98 to have a complete infantry platoon
2 panzer grenadiers and a sdkfz 250 for a SS panzer grenadier pltn.

US
any US piece ya have I can use as my US army is really small

British
Same as US any british pieces

THANKS!!!



No problem. I have to thank several people here & on the Forumini for their kindness in helping me build my collection.

As I said, when my lot from the Forum Funding Auction arrives, I will do an inventory & after that, I will know what I have spares of. I can say that it will consist of mostly Americans, some British, but as for Germans, not much to spare there. I only recently hit my self imposed level of troops, company size, at least 10 or so, for most of all infantry types for all countries.

Are you one of the "Purists" who will only use v1 or v2 vehicles or the size is not a problem with you there? If v1 vehicles are ok with you, I should be able to include some but like you, I came late to the game & am really still building a collection....such is life huh...lol

Edited 4/9/2015 for spelling...D'Oh


Last edited by curtm1911 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:12 pm
Profile
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:40 pm
Posts: 118
I know XD yea size doesn't matter to me AAM is AAM :D hey I have some spare stuff if you need anything I'll see what can be done ;)

Thanks curtm!


Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:02 pm
Profile
Member
Member

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:42 pm
Posts: 828
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words
george s. rommel wrote:
I know XD yea size doesn't matter to me AAM is AAM :D hey I have some spare stuff if you need anything I'll see what can be done ;)

Thanks curtm!


I didn't really think there was such a thing as "Spare" minis....we all seem to get them & there are "Never as many as you want".

If you could maybe post a list of what you consider spares, I can look & see what might catch my fancy. I am working on my Russians, Japanese & Italians mostly now. My USA/UK Commonwealth/German armies are pretty healthy now, just the above mentioned countries could use some additions.

Are you also a member of the Forumini? Stalker6 has a nice list of things for sale over there in the Marketplace. I have done deals with him several times & he is a very good trader. Worth looking at his list for sure.

Anyway, when my auction lot arrives & I inventory it in, I will sort out some things for you. When that is ready, I will PM you or post in this thread what is coming your way. Glad you enjoy this "Plasticrack Addiction" as much as the rest of us folks here & the Forumini.


Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:08 am
Profile
Founder
Founder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:37 pm
Posts: 5026
Images: 56
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
curtm1911 wrote:
george s. rommel wrote:
I know XD yea size doesn't matter to me AAM is AAM :D hey I have some spare stuff if you need anything I'll see what can be done ;)

Thanks curtm!


I didn't really think there was such a thing as "Spare" minis....we all seem to get them & there are "Never as many as you want".

If you could maybe post a list of what you consider spares, I can look & see what might catch my fancy. I am working on my Russians, Japanese & Italians mostly now. My USA/UK Commonwealth/German armies are pretty healthy now, just the above mentioned countries could use some additions.

Are you also a member of the Forumini? Stalker6 has a nice list of things for sale over there in the Marketplace. I have done deals with him several times & he is a very good trader. Worth looking at his list for sure.

Anyway, when my auction lot arrives & I inventory it in, I will sort out some things for you. When that is ready, I will PM you or post in this thread what is coming your way. Glad you enjoy this "Plasticrack Addiction" as much as the rest of us folks here & the Forumini.


When I send your package this week-end Curt I will put some German stuff in for you to pass along to George when you guys do your trade. If that is OK?

_________________
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Image


Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:05 am
Profile WWW
Member
Member

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:42 pm
Posts: 828
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words
FieldMarshall Ober wrote:
curtm1911 wrote:
george s. rommel wrote:
I know XD yea size doesn't matter to me AAM is AAM :D hey I have some spare stuff if you need anything I'll see what can be done ;)

Thanks curtm!


I didn't really think there was such a thing as "Spare" minis....we all seem to get them & there are "Never as many as you want".

If you could maybe post a list of what you consider spares, I can look & see what might catch my fancy. I am working on my Russians, Japanese & Italians mostly now. My USA/UK Commonwealth/German armies are pretty healthy now, just the above mentioned countries could use some additions.

Are you also a member of the Forumini? Stalker6 has a nice list of things for sale over there in the Marketplace. I have done deals with him several times & he is a very good trader. Worth looking at his list for sure.

Anyway, when my auction lot arrives & I inventory it in, I will sort out some things for you. When that is ready, I will PM you or post in this thread what is coming your way. Glad you enjoy this "Plasticrack Addiction" as much as the rest of us folks here & the Forumini.


When I send your package this week-end Curt I will put some German stuff in for you to pass along to George when you guys do your trade. If that is OK?


That will work alright Ober. The Auction Lot is sot of the key to the transaction between George & myself. Looks like a win/win situation for both of us.

Hope you are feeling better Ober, defeat the bug that was ailing you.....too bad you an take it down with a bunch of sixes on the dice... :D


Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:26 pm
Profile
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:40 pm
Posts: 118
HAHA last night I had an AAM game and rolled eleven dice for my Sherman and all but three of them were sixes HAHAHA!!!


Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:50 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Denis Courcy's Blog     Danaussie's WaS Forum     aarules Scenario Site     Joebunda's AAM resource site     SgtFury's Rules Q & A Site     AAM Database     Cornerstone Games     Forumini 

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.