The worlds got to change

Post any off-topic thread you wish.

Moderator: Scub

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

The worlds got to change

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:41 am

I don't know if anyone else is getting alarmed but the mass death events around the world are repeating themselves with increasing rate. Its like a runaway train on a hill getting faster and faster. I am worried where it is going to end up if we don't change the way we think. We got to start respecting the planet and caring for for everyone living planet before the hatered trashes this place. If you look at everything it all seems to trace back to money.

Not sure if I'm the only one concerned about this or not?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Re: The worlds got to change

Unread post by curtm1911 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:25 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:I don't know if anyone else is getting alarmed but the mass death events around the world are repeating themselves with increasing rate. Its like a runaway train on a hill getting faster and faster. I am worried where it is going to end up if we don't change the way we think. We got to start respecting the planet and caring for for everyone living planet before the hatered trashes this place. If you look at everything it all seems to trace back to money.

You are not alone my friend, I am among those who are wondering what & where next. It is a lead pipe cinch that our "Elected Officials" could give squat about things & events happening all around....they are more concerned/worried about getting elected/re-elected to concern themselves with world events. This is the case in the USA, not sure about the Politicians in other countries, maybe they actually give a damn about their constituents, ours sure give us the Extended Middle Finger & the back of their hand until it comes Election time....then they get chapped lips from all the butt kissing they are doing, but after the elections, it is back to BS Business as Usual....meanwhile, the world is on fire & the flames are getting bigger & the Fire Department is MIA/AWOL.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:13 pm

curtm1911 wrote:
FieldMarshall Ober wrote:I don't know if anyone else is getting alarmed but the mass death events around the world are repeating themselves with increasing rate. Its like a runaway train on a hill getting faster and faster. I am worried where it is going to end up if we don't change the way we think. We got to start respecting the planet and caring for for everyone living planet before the hatered trashes this place. If you look at everything it all seems to trace back to money.

You are not alone my friend, I am among those who are wondering what & where next. It is a lead pipe cinch that our "Elected Officials" could give squat about things & events happening all around....they are more concerned/worried about getting elected/re-elected to concern themselves with world events. This is the case in the USA, not sure about the Politicians in other countries, maybe they actually give a damn about their constituents, ours sure give us the Extended Middle Finger & the back of their hand until it comes Election time....then they get chapped lips from all the butt kissing they are doing, but after the elections, it is back to BS Business as Usual....meanwhile, the world is on fire & the flames are getting bigger & the Fire Department is MIA/AWOL.
We have the same kind of things going on in Canada too, but there just a few years away from the problems the US has. Were always a few years behind the US but more often than not tend to go down the same road. We just elected a new Prime Minister who campaigned on making Canada softer and more compassionate country, he won by a landslide which tells me Canadians are getting tired of all the crap thats been going on. I just hope he can start to make a difference and if we are lucky it will catch on. He got my vote by promising to bring Syrian refugees to Canada, getting the inequalities with Canada's native people fixed and being serious about our environment. He has a very difficult job ahead achieving these goals and fixing Canada's resource based economy which is trashing our environment. In my mind Canada needs to return to its former roll as humanitarians and peacekeepers and forget trying to police the world.

Although it looks like governments should be the ones to make changes I am afraid its up to us to start changing and demanding our leaders start doing the right thing instead keeping the world divided into haves and have-nots. Poverty and intolerance in my mind are the primary problems globally and if we take care of everyone unconditionally all this shit would just go away.

Thanks for responding Curt, I feel better knowing I am not the only one who clearly sees the slippery slope we are going down.

So I will ask the question. Where do you think we need to start to begin fixing this mess we are in?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:58 pm

So I will ask the question. Where do you think we need to start to begin fixing this mess we are in?

@Ober,
I am not ignoring this question, I am thoughtfully considering my response. I do have some opposing views with you on this, such as the Refugee Situation. Living in a Border State, I see the results of the Porous Border we have here....it ain't good at all. I point to the "Kate Steinle Case" in San Francisco. A 5 time deportee, with multiple prior Felony Convictions, "Finds" a gun & kills an innocent woman just walking on the pier....

Taking in 1000's of new people is just not fiscally wise, let alone for security reasons also. I hear on the news that ISIS has Passport Making Capabilities, that certainly will speed up Proper Vetting & Investigating people's backgrounds. Also, do these people plan to assimilate into the new culture where they are going? Why do they want to come to the "Great Satan", the United States? Why will they not fight the wrong doers in their own country? "It is better to Die on your Feet than Live on Your Knees". The scene in "Magnificent Seven" where they are teaching the peasants to shoot & one asks, "Where will we get the guns to fight with" and the answer is "The same way you got these". Basically, rise up against the oppressors & remove them. I realize that there might be conditions that are hard to overcome but try anyway....cutting & running ain't gonna make it change. The 10 scariest words to hear are "I'm from the Government & I'm here to help you".

Do our votes REALLY count or is the outcome preordained? As Stalin said, "It doesn't matter who votes, what matters is WHO counts the votes".

How long until Free Speech is no longer allowed? By the way things are going right now, not very long IMO. "You are free to speak as long as you AGREE with ME". This seems to be the norm anymore a & not the exception. If you disagree with someone, usually a lefty liberal in the USA, they are "Offended" & you must be punished. The First Amendment was written to protect not just the speech you want to hear, but also the speech you do not want to hear & a different opinion fits that description nowadays.

.....to be continued...

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:45 pm

curtm1911 wrote:So I will ask the question. Where do you think we need to start to begin fixing this mess we are in?

@Ober,
I am not ignoring this question, I am thoughtfully considering my response. I do have some opposing views with you on this, such as the Refugee Situation. Living in a Border State, I see the results of the Porous Border we have here....it ain't good at all. I point to the "Kate Steinle Case" in San Francisco. A 5 time deportee, with multiple prior Felony Convictions, "Finds" a gun & kills an innocent woman just walking on the pier....

Taking in 1000's of new people is just not fiscally wise, let alone for security reasons also. I hear on the news that ISIS has Passport Making Capabilities, that certainly will speed up Proper Vetting & Investigating people's backgrounds. Also, do these people plan to assimilate into the new culture where they are going? Why do they want to come to the "Great Satan", the United States? Why will they not fight the wrong doers in their own country? "It is better to Die on your Feet than Live on Your Knees". The scene in "Magnificent Seven" where they are teaching the peasants to shoot & one asks, "Where will we get the guns to fight with" and the answer is "The same way you got these". Basically, rise up against the oppressors & remove them. I realize that there might be conditions that are hard to overcome but try anyway....cutting & running ain't gonna make it change. The 10 scariest words to hear are "I'm from the Government & I'm here to help you".

Do our votes REALLY count or is the outcome preordained? As Stalin said, "It doesn't matter who votes, what matters is WHO counts the votes".

How long until Free Speech is no longer allowed? By the way things are going right now, not very long IMO. "You are free to speak as long as you AGREE with ME". This seems to be the norm anymore a & not the exception. If you disagree with someone, usually a lefty liberal in the USA, they are "Offended" & you must be punished. The First Amendment was written to protect not just the speech you want to hear, but also the speech you do not want to hear & a different opinion fits that description nowadays.

.....to be continued...
Like you its taken while to compose a response, Ive been fretting over how tell you the flaws in your thinking but there is delicate way so here it goes.

We are too quick to blame our governments when its actually the people who are at fault by allowing governments to exist the way they are. We are too quick to follow the louder and more aggressive movements instead of going with our hearts and expressing ourselves. Change starts with one person and spreads if the idea is "true" and "right", history shows that. We have to demand our governments clean up their domestic messes and international messes that they created through neglect because we were silent. Which takes me to the Syrian Refugees. We are letting fear get in the way of what is true and right (see above). What is "true" is the West (G6) destabilized a big part of the Middle East over money and Oil and what is and the "Right" thing is to help them find good stable places to live. In your heart, Curt, you don't blame them for leaving Syria, you would of done the same. So now the Challenge for the us (the west) is to realize that we gave them freedom to leave those situations and we must give them the freedom to live where they wish and if its Canada or the USA and we got to get our heads around that. Its the right way!
~Gen. G.S. Patton