It Begins Again

Post any off-topic thread you wish.

Moderator: Scub

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

It Begins Again

Unread post by curtm1911 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:54 pm

Soooo, has anyone else had to mow their lawn yet this year? I just did mine today, and I'm really hoping this does not mean an early & longer summer for us here in AZ. Prior to Tuesday of this week, we had a run of 15 days of 80+ temps with quite a few new records being set. Today's forecast is for 84-85. Uniform of the Day: Shorts & T-Shirt.

We love our winters here & shall we say, endure our summers but that's what we get for living in the Sonoran Desert. To all who are still dealing with that White Stuff, my condolences. Just know that when it is in the 100teens here soon, days like today will be fondly remembered as we sweat out our summer. Think kindly of us please, it is what we must go through to enjoy the winter, as others endure theirs that are white & cold. Full disclosure requires that I say I am an Indiana Transplant, so I do know about White Winters & Do Not Miss Them my friends.

That's all I have to say about that. :D

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: It Begins Again

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:39 am

Yesterday I had a foot of snow on my lawn and today it is bare but still frozen. Our entire winter has been alternating snow and rain storms. My province used to have some of the highest snowfall and snowpack depths in our part of North America but not anymore, climate change has really hit us hard in the last 5 years. We once owned snowmobiles but because of the lack of consistent snowfall we got rid of them about 3 years ago. Its so desolate here in the winter when there is no snow, everything is brown and crappy looking, the only consolation is not have to pay the $40 a pop to have my driveway plowed after each storm. Ive seen snowplow bills reach $300 in month, a lot more expensive than mowing my lawn.

Speaking of lawn mowing my 11 year old ride-on lawn tractor died last fall and I have finally selected its replacement. Its going to be a Club Cadet, XT2 LX w/ 54" deck. I have around 1.5 acres to mow so the 54" wide mowing deck should speed things up over the old 38" deck on the old tractor. My local Club Cadet dealer will be setting one aside for me when the 2016s arrive in mid april.

Ain't she a beauty? http://www.cubcadet.ca/equipment/en/cub ... x54-fab--1
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton