Goofy shots

Post any off-topic thread you wish.

Moderator: Scub

pfclt

Goofy shots

Unread post by pfclt » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:43 pm

So in honor of my rant I thought you guys would like to see a genius. back in 2011 I thought about doing a silly post that I never did, so before I change my mind --- here you go:
What the hell.JPG
unhappy.JPG
Oh what a headache.JPG
Look hombre.JPG
I think it was one to many.JPG
how about another.JPG
Ahhhhh what.JPG
So you guys can make some funny comments now..........................I may delete this post any day.................

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: Goffy shots

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:09 am

Are you growing a mustache?

PS - I Like #4. I imagine that was your reaction to the genius comment. :P
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

pfclt

Re: Goofy shots

Unread post by pfclt » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:37 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Are you growing a mustache?
No these shots were taken back in 2011. It was intended for a goofy post in the early days of the underground - but I never made the post as I thought better of it. But genius's tend to be viewed as eccentric so I thought - OK - lets post them. Though I do have the chin growth much like that on any weekend............. probably today - just 6 years older.
FieldMarshall Ober wrote:PS - I Like #4. I imagine that was your reaction to the genius comment. :P
My reaction to your genius comment was actually what you posted in your comment there. I'm uncomfortable with the whole "you're intelligent thing". :hidunchair: We all have our expertise and input just different and it changes over time. I don't think I would have thought twice about it if it was made in the kind of environment I used as an example where it would have been obviously tongue and cheek, and in hindsight :Wack: I overreacted as it has been my reaction to the whole categorization of the "smart" thing over the years. :whip:

But others:
You getting this whole underground going -- the card database and other things..........
Dano involved with bunches of stuff and his comic comments and others reactions
Loco getting the convention together
Loco and Dano's skills.........
and others .............. have posted over the years little things that let you know they are knowledgeable and skilled in different ways..................
Anyway - I was looking for comedy to my pics and here I go serious.... :sickie: .... :lol:

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:14 am

cartoon3907.png
cartoon3907.png (34.12 KiB) Viewed 280 times

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:36 pm

Spring will be here soon pfc, then you can get back into the yard landscaping. On a less positive light, we got 6" of snow here in Canada last night so old man winter isn't through with us yet.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:43 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Spring will be here soon pfc, then you can get back into the yard landscaping. On a less positive light, we got 6" of snow here in Canada last night so old man winter isn't through with us yet.
It's been a mild winter - but I think that makes it worse. It's like spring is around the corner all the time. Week before last it was 60 degrees a couple times and I don't think the weekend got out of the 20's. This past week was the same - 60's a couple days and this weekend snow Friday, this weekend very cold about 27 right now. But yeah spring really is just around the corner here ---- as they say March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. And yeah back outside comfortably..............

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:42 am

pfclt wrote:
FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Spring will be here soon pfc, then you can get back into the yard landscaping. On a less positive light, we got 6" of snow here in Canada last night so old man winter isn't through with us yet.
It's been a mild winter - but I think that makes it worse. It's like spring is around the corner all the time. Week before last it was 60 degrees a couple times and I don't think the weekend got out of the 20's. This past week was the same - 60's a couple days and this weekend snow Friday, this weekend very cold about 27 right now. But yeah spring really is just around the corner here ---- as they say March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. And yeah back outside comfortably..............
There is suppose to be a Nor'easter snowstorm tracking through your area this week, its suppose to hit us the next day. Lets hope its the winters last hurrah!

Our winter was mild also I think the worst overnight low was around -23 degrees. It used to hit -40 here for a week or so every winter but the last few have been no more than -30 degrees. We get a lot more winter rain events now that keeps the snow pack from getting deep. Mabie 2 feet of snow on the ground right now.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:11 am

We had a mild, wet winter here. Looks like the first 90+ tomorrow & low to mid 90's through Thursday. It's quite green for a desert...:D...but it turns dry & crispy real quick when it becomes summer...:D...we don't need to save daylight here, days are long enough already!

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:18 pm

Yeah Ober - We usually have a week of single digits to below 0 at night little better than the -40. But this year it was more like single digit at night and teens to 20's in the day only for about week. And yeah ---- not looking forward to that Nor'easter.

90 sounds good to me right about now Curt..............

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:38 pm

The 80's & 90's are real nice, but people still forget to carry lots of water when out hiking & whatnot. There have been almost 15 heat related rescues on the mountain trails already this year. In a month or so, we will be going above 100 pretty much daily, so we are loving this nice weather as long as it lasts.