Testing the waters - New Forum Suggestion "Flames of War"

Site Information and Guide
Pletch

Testing the waters - New Forum Suggestion "Flames of War"

Unread post by Pletch » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:01 am

Do you think there would be any interest in adding this under the "Other Games/Platforms" area? I thought some Underground players who play the game might appreciate a place to talk about it or answer questions for other players who have some interest.

It's no secret this is where my WWII gaming interest has gravitated towards, but I didn't know if it would bother anyone or not, or if it would even be something others would be interested in.
"Grammar is very important the the Nazi Party." - Grammar Nazis
:lol:

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: Testing the waters - New Forum Suggestion "Flames of War

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:17 am

Its good by me. I know Dano plays.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:12 am

I do play, but I'm having problems finding the time... too busy modeling lol. however, I do see myself modeling for AAM, FoW, and trying a bit of 20-25mm. I think those are some areas of interest for a lot of people. If I model for one, I try to model at least at two levels.

I would like to participate in something like this where I can. I will also try to bring in Michael to assist with the conversation. We could also do more painting of figures as well. A great advantage of FoW is the formations, which might help out in AAM, but that's a very long story. There are also conventions that come up from time to time. I might attend Kubalcon around May and Pacificon around Sept. both in California, but this might give me an excuse to head East one of these days.

dan

Bean, Michael, and Entek to a small extent have all played Fow.

RichtervonManthofen

Unread post by RichtervonManthofen » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:10 am

Don't play, but its fine to add it here

I hope We can get an AA 1914 online game running here when it comes out - we would need a subbforum for this too...

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:19 pm

I think we need to be open minded about expanding to include other war games. I seems to me its necessary for our long term survival to be flexable enough to go with what people are playing. Don't get me wrong, AAM will always be our prime venue but other games are good too.

I'm quite sure we can get a A&A 1914 section up and running as we get closer to release. Its going to need a mod RvM :wink:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

RichtervonManthofen

Unread post by RichtervonManthofen » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:35 pm

HMMMMM Modder does have a certain err "smell" to it... ;)

You can volunteer me for the job :D

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:03 pm

I support adding a FoW section. Belongs more than a WoT section does and would offer additional information for AAMers to possibly incorporate in their house rules/platoons/custom card/scenarios as well.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:57 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:I support adding a FoW section. Belongs more than a WoT section does and would offer additional information for AAMers to possibly incorporate in their house rules/platoons/custom card/scenarios as well.
:bowty: +1

Centurion

Unread post by Centurion » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:01 am

I agree, put in FoW section. I know next to nothing about the game, other than the minis seem pricey, and you must need alot. But it may give me ideas for AAM projects and stuff.
A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end. George S. Patton

Nissan lover and Ace of Base fan
A.K.A.: Centurion24

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:05 pm

I don't play FoW yet or the other one I see mentioned a lot on the Forumini, Memoir 44. Maybe we should include it in a forum as well. I for one would like to learn more about these two games as they sound like fun games & another way to improve my Miniature Painting Skills. They can certainly use improvement & I guess that comes with Practice, Practice, Practice.....