Moderator User Guide

Site Information and Guide
FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Moderator User Guide

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:44 pm

Moderator User Guide

Some tips for moderators for preforming forum actions

Moving threads - While in the thread that you wish to move, click on moderator control panel (MCP) in the upper right side of you screen. Once in, in the upper right corner there are now three moderator buttons: Moderate forum, moderate thread and moderate topic. To move a thread click moderate forum. A new screen will appear showing all the threads in that section. Choose the thread to be moved by ticking the thread on the right and scrolling down and choose the action from the drop down box MOVE and click submit. [Note: When in the drop domn menu note the other action you may preform here]. Once you click submit another screen will appear with a thread destination drop down menu, select the destination and click OK the the question box and you are done.

This method works to: Delete, merge, Delete, copy, Lock Unlock and Change to.

Moderating Inappropriote post

Editing Text and Warnings - While in the offending post click Edit and the post will open and you are free to edit the members post. Once this is done , go back to the post and click the ? button and in the new screen, click warn user and send a message explaining the appropriote posting preference.

Deleting a Post - In the offending Post click the delete button and verify the question and the post is deleted.

Suspending a member - Click post details when in the members offending post. When the new screan appears, Click the profile button for the member. Now in this screen click Banning. In the next screen select the length of suspension from the drop down box and state the reason in the space and submit and verify the action and its done. Notify myself through PM and you are done.

Under construction.....
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

DenisCourcy
Mod
Mod

Re: Moderator User Guide

Unread post by DenisCourcy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:03 am

Hi ober,
I am moderator of a forum from the database MySQL since 2007 and I have some things to consider.
1) We have an area, a subforum, perhaps to discuss matters pertaining to staff. this subforum should be private to the moderators and administrators.
2) We must have a second private area called "trash" to move the posts that might have considered inappropriate. We should not delete them down immediately.
3) Decisions on any member who is acting inappropriately should be taken by the group moderators.
A moderator alone may be misleading, or hot-headed, and can also do something they should not.
(who is inside the box can not see what 's out.)
Think about.
Cheers
Click on the image to access my blog.
(Written in Portuguese for Brazilians who enjoy this game.
Has automatic translation by google translator for three languages. English, French and Spanish.)

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: Moderator User Guide

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:12 am

All good ideas Denis. I think I can create a group for Mods and designate it invisable to everyone else but group members. A comittee for forum actions is also a good suggestion. I will try to figure out how to create a Moderator Forum and we can go from there.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton