Assembly of 122mm Russian guns

Moderators: Locozugmeister, dano903

dano903
The King
The King

Re: Assembly of 122mm Russian guns

Unread post by dano903 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:58 pm

I nornally use a ca glue, gap filling, thick, 10-20 dry time. I would not solder at all. Too many thin pieces. The blue points are very few on a base. I've pinned a few pieces before.
A few others should chime in on this topic

Pletch

Unread post by Pletch » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:16 pm

I just glued together about half of the guns I received yesterday. I used a superglue, CA (cyanoacrylate) type. Same kind dano is suggesting above. This is what I use for all of my metal to metal, and metal to resin (metal to skin ouch!) gluing.

On another vein, I found it necessary to "trim" a little bit off the 100mm gun axle. Also I had to "dig" out a hole for the German 105's wheel to attach to. It had a little nubbin at the axle to attach with, but no little nubbin hole. Those were the only guns I have so I don't know if there are any other tricks to the rest of them.
"Grammar is very important the the Nazi Party." - Grammar Nazis
:lol:

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:22 pm

Oh yes...as Pletch suggested, I also use a small hand drill for the wheels etc. I think I will try and use the green stuff as suggested.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:12 am

I use the gel super glue and it works fine. For extra strength I started using 2 part epoxy glue. The wheels flew off just as easily when dropped so I switched back to super glue with reinforcements.

To know it you can solder the minis you first must know the melting points of both the solder and the lead and unsure that the melting point of the gun is higher than the solder.

Basing should help protect the mini but I would reinforce it anyways just to be safe.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton