Pacific Theater Scenario Idea

Post your scenarios and battle reports here.
curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Re: Pacific Theater Scenario Idea

Unread post by curtm1911 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:08 pm

This is the New Map for this scenario:

Update:
The western edge of the map for the first part of this is the hexrow(s) from the 2 Marsh/1 Woods in the south hexes to the 5 Hill hexes in the north as the west edge, these hexes are in play.
Attachments
Angrief Banzai 012.jpg
Last edited by curtm1911 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:36 pm

curtm1911 wrote:This is the New Map for this scenario:
Ah, the old 2 inch maps. Fond memories using those maps. They sure could make a huge battlefield when you filled a table with them due to the scale. Its a lot easier to utilize the long range German armor when these maps are played.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:29 am

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:
curtm1911 wrote:This is the New Map for this scenario:
Ah, the old 2 inch maps. Fond memories using those maps. They sure could make a huge battlefield when you filled a table with them due to the scale. Its a lot easier to utilize the long range German armor when these maps are played.

Yeah we had a few and they were fun!! A lot more tactical/strategic planning - always liked the 2" maps the best.

Keep up the good work curt...

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:25 am

All the hill hexes west of the stream have Caves & Tunnels as per Polish Cavalryman's Scenarios/Houserules over on the Forumini. They are, shall we say, are a great addition, a little off-board bookkeeping but well worth using.

The Road Junction & the Town in the hills are the American Objectives, more or less, they think they are just a Security Detail for the Engineers clearing obstacles. A nasty surprise is about happen to them.

Base Builds soon. Still adding the frills & thrills to both sides.

It will be a 2 part game, survivors remain on the board where they are when part 2 begins, it is just when reinforcements are received by both sides. Then the carnage resumes.

to be continued...

curtm1911

Unread post by curtm1911 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:58 am

I have been playtesting the first part of this, as time & life have permitted. I will write up the Japanese & American Orders of Battle in the next couple days as well as any Special Rules & whatnot.

It is not an actual battle but a complilation of several engagements in the Pacific Theater. The timeframe is early/mid 1945. It also has some "What if" that adds some interesting twists to the gallant Sons of Nippon. :D

curtm1911

Unread post by curtm1911 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:28 am

UPDATE:
This scenario is on temporary hold, I am teaching a new player the game. He is not the sharpest knife in the drawer but he has grasped the basic infantry part of the game better than I expected. We have been using the 50 pt. learning builds. Next up, Tanks & then combine tanks & infantry.

This just might get on the table pretty soon, stay tuned for updates on this scenario.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:01 am

curtm1911 wrote:UPDATE:
This scenario is on temporary hold, I am teaching a new player the game. He is not the sharpest knife in the drawer but he has grasped the basic infantry part of the game better than I expected. We have been using the 50 pt. learning builds. Next up, Tanks & then combine tanks & infantry.

This just might get on the table pretty soon, stay tuned for updates on this scenario.
Great to hear you found another potential player.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

curtm1911

Unread post by curtm1911 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:33 pm

This has not been forgotten....I have got the Japanese build finished, still tinkering with US. Solitaire testing, besides a lot of pieces to move & dice rolls, has been been time consuming but I think it will kind of give an overall taste of the Pacific Theater. The "Caves & Tunnels" houserules from the Forumini are great with this map.

More to come....:D

curtm1911

Unread post by curtm1911 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:12 am

Since this scenario has some, shall we say, "What if..." I am going with the 150 pt. US/ Canadian company build and the 150 pt. Japanese build in that thread for part 1 of the planned 2 parts. Did Canadians get to the Pacific Herr Ober....another what if. If anyone wants to give this a try, please do, I need feedback besides solitaire playtesting.

It'been interesting so far. I'll fill in other details, special rules etc.

to continue......

curtm1911

Unread post by curtm1911 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:36 am

Use the map at the top of this page, I will post mapnames in the final product.

US starts east of the stream. Tunnels & Caves are in every hillhex in the Japanese set-up area, west of the stream in cover hexes camoflaged and cannot be attacked at long or medium range unitl they move or fire. There some other things to come still for this.