View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:13 pm

Denis Courcy's Blog     Danaussie's WaS Forum     aarules Scenario Site     Joebunda's AAM resource site     SgtFury's Rules Q & A Site     AAM Database     Cornerstone Games     Forumini 

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 arnhem 

hey guys after reading a very interesting book about the Arnhem campaign I thought it would be cool to see if there's any Arnhem A&A maps?
any help would be appreciated.
:crusader: :sherman: :tiger: :Gberet: :gersol:
I love the icons lol

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:14 pm
Founder
Founder

Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
Back in my map making days I started a Arnhem map but never finished it for some some reason I cannot remember. I posted a preview of it somewhere here on the forums but can't remember where.

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:28 pm
Profile WWW

When the game was new I played in a little "market Garden" campaign (IIRC D-Day was just out).

IIRC it was three maps that had a river to cross for the allies with German defenders (300-200-100 points of allied troops with units that crossed the German side of the mapboard before turn 12 were allowed to fight in later battles again) Germans had 200-150-50 (?). A lonely Polish Horseman (representing the paras) held out at the German side of the last map - if he was adjacent to allied troops the allies would win the campaign.

IIRC the first battle was a bloodbath for both sides, but the allies won and managed to get a few vehicles + soldiers on transports to the other side - ready to fight another day.

Second battle was a fast push through (attempt), but the Germans held the bridge too long, so almost no Allies made it to the third battle (a para Commander and a Jeep with Garand)

IIRC the GErmans had 2 Pak 40s abnd a MG (+ change) in the last battle and their dice were hot. - The Germans had horsemeet in the evening ;)

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:25 am

what would I use for the bridge? I have a Fow Arnhem bridge but that's too big

Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]