Will the real M5 gun please step forward

discuss minis painting and modeling with our resident modeler.

Moderators: Locozugmeister, dano903

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Will the real M5 gun please step forward

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:31 pm

Will the real M5 gun please step forward. For those who don't know the M5 gun is not a giant squid but it is an effective 3" ATG.

Got these from Craig at gaming models, they are great little sculpts and don't even need to be based.
IMG_0341.JPG
IMG_0342.JPG

Its official these are approved by Winky the cat
IMG_0343.JPG
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

pfclt

Re: Will the real M5 gun please step forward

Unread post by pfclt » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:01 am

Does make for a nice replacement for the squids!

Stalker6

Unread post by Stalker6 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:08 am

It may just be me...but the scale seems off on the cat.

On another note, I like the artillery pieces he has been creating. I bought a couple of different ones to check on the level of detail and was pleasantly surprised.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:09 am

Stalker6 wrote:It may just be me...but the scale seems off on the cat.

On another note, I like the artillery pieces he has been creating. I bought a couple of different ones to check on the level of detail and was pleasantly surprised.
She is kinda a Godzilla type cat threat :D

They aren't bad sculpts and fairly durable compared to most of the other 15mm guns out there. AAM is of course the most resilliant of any options out there.

These are going out to the attendees of the last maisecon. I didn't quite have them finished for the convention last year.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton